Monday, September 29, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Monday, September 29, 2008

Outside my window...crickets are loudly chirping creating a creepy surround sound. Think Alford Hitchcock's "The Birds" but with crickets. This might be a sign we need more insulation in our walls.

I am thinking...about reorganizing my attick, gutting out one of our bathrooms, demolitioning our kitchen down to the studs and subfloors, and builing a new shed. I nest in the fall and I am feeling like I had caffeine today even though I am quite sure I didn't.

I am thankful for...this peaceful time in our lives. A friend came over today to drop off her three year old for a play date and then off she went with her 9 year old homeschooler and two month old infant. Homeschooling, preschooler, and infant...need I say more? Of course I'll say more, this is me we are talking about! Her recap of the morning left my head spinning. Savannah and I can lounge around playing all day in our jammies and still have time to clean up our mess before Mark gets home. Dare I say it? We are in an easy phase of life right now. Infants are undoubtedly a blessing but I am thankful for the laid back pace we are experiencing right now.

From the kitchen...fresh groceries awaiting their assignment.

I am wearing...my pajamas, a yellow cami top with matching yellow boy shorts. Barefoot.

I am going...to work for a little bit tomorrow and then later we have a mom's night out scheduled.

I am reading...I just finished a book about getting organized this weekend. I am happy to say that I already do most of the things in the book. I am sad to say the things I don't do, I REALLY don't do! My house is organized and clutter free until you enter my office. I can't explain what happens in that room. Beyond the office door a chaotic force takes over smothers all reason and organization. It is now my mission to overcome the chaotic force that dominates this area of my home. I shall fight it with paper clips, timely filing, and a large trash bag.

I am creating...a M-O costume. I could write a whole post on my daughter and I's roller coaster ride to the decision of what to be for Halloween, and I probably will later. But, for now I will tell you she wants to be M-O from WALL-E. He's not a main character. He's not even one of the more featured ancillary characters. But, Savannah loves him.

I am hoping...that my dear friend will start to feel better mentally and that she will reach out when she needs me. I am always here.

I am hearing...the air conditioner now drowning out the creepy crickets. Oh, I still hear those little guys, just not as life threatening loud as it was before.

Around the house...all is pretty calm, besides the crickets. I am about to take a break and put Savannah to bed. The cats are snoozing. Everything is clean and put away except for the last folded load of laundry. All is well here in Peteetville.

One of my favorite things...is fall. It's more refreshing to me than any other season. Bright colours, the smell of wood burning (Centerville), crisp cool air, football, tons of holidays around the corner, family reunions, apples, pumpkins, and cinnamon fill these too few months. I don't know why but fall seems like a fresh start and every year I anticipate it more and more.

I am laughing at...the full page devoted to last week's karaoke MOPs meeting in today's news paper. Wouldn't you know my group is the first picture. We are in full costume and posed in the "Y" position for the classic karaoke song, YMCA. My group is AWESOME! And by the way, I don't pee in the shower. But, I figure as an infant I probably peed in the bathrub so it counts. If that statement seems puzzling to you, you should really come to MOPs this year!

A few plans for the rest of the week...Awana, school, work, play dates, lunch with a friend, date night...the usual stuff. I can't think of anything out of the ordinary.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...Maroon Bells outside of Aspen, fall 2004. Savannah was a mere tadpole swimming around in my fishbowl of a uterus. It was around this time we nicknamed our little swimming fetus, Nemo.

Peaceful beauty. The pic. Our lives.





thesimplewoman.blogspot.com


2 comments:

CDJ said...

I thoroughly enjoyed this post. I'm right there with ya on the Autumnal Adoration...not so much with public presentations originated by the Village People. I DO miss MOPs, though.
And the photo....what could I even try to say?? Thank you for being such a gifted blogger.

Kathy said...

Ditto to what Cari said...

Random question:What protein mix does Mark add to smoothies and where do I get it? I'm turning into a morning smoothie gal.