Thursday, September 4, 2008

Say What?????

Yesterday, my sweet, young, preschool daughter waltzed into my office to show off her latest concoction of a dress-up outfit (see post below for example). As I looked onto her angelic innocent face I could see a little frustration.

"Momma, my stick on ear rings don't work anymore. I want some like yours."

"Honey, come look at my ears. See, I have holes in my ears and that's how my ear rings stay on."

"I want some like yours."

"You want holes in your ears?"

"Yes."

"You want your ears pierced?"

"Yes, and my belly button too."

Say what????????????????

All I can say is, thanks a lot Aunt Lala!

3 comments:

Lee Ann said...

Chelsea and I want to join in on the dress up fun! Maybe we can schedule our "play date" soon

Kathy said...

Oh, the culture in Marshall...that's pretty funny.

Christina said...

The only time she saw a belly button ring (that I know of) is on Aunt Lala (in Dallas). This is the one thing I can't blame on Marshall;) And, if I have to be honest, I went with Aunt Lala to the tattoo salon for her 18th b-day to have it done! It was a fun sister moment, just not one I want to include Savannah in!