Thursday, September 18, 2008

Wrapping Up

For the past two days I have been unable to upload pics to blogger so I can't post the fun stuff we did over the weekend. Suffice to say our weekend (which ended Tuesday) ended well. The house inside and out had been a wreck from Ike (the inside was bad since we left abruptly under the cover of darkness and the refrigerator and freezers made a mess in the heat) but we got all that cleaned up Tuesday afternoon. That night, after Savannah went to bed, I grabbed a blanket and Mark and I curled up on the front porch for a couple of hours and enjoyed the first chilly fall evening of the season. A long weekend, clean house and yard, and beautiful weather can send you into relaxation effortlessly.

By Wednesday morning we were back on tack again but parts of our neighborhood still do not have power. When I go running I hurdle several fallen power lines along the way. This storm is bringing out the best in our neighborhood though. As I ran on Tuesday a stranger stopped me to offer their generator. They got a motor coach which has a self contained generator and they were eager to share their resources with someone who needed them.

I am glad we saw the best of people in our town through the storm instead of it bringing out the worst. What a comfort to know the character of the people we live amongst.

Ok, now I am done posting about Ike. It's over. The end.

No comments: