Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Outside my window... a freshly mowed lawn awaits my bare feet. Mark spent the day removing the storm debris from our yard and it now it looks beautiful. In a few moments we are going to spend a little time outside and enjoy the evening but for now, a hummingbird is buzzing flower to flower collecting little sips.

I am thinking...how good it is to be home and have it in one piece!

I am thankful for...the statement above and our safe-keeping during the storm.

From the kitchen...the rank smell of rotting food that I cleaned out of a warm refrigerator. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but true.

I am wearing...black capri workout pants, purple shirt, and reefs. Nothing I wouldn't mind throwing away if the food mentioned above should come in contact with it!

I am creating...new photos as I play with my amazing new toy mentioned in the previous post.

I am going...out of town again soon!

I am reading...Tale of Two Cities...still. One would think I would have had plenty of time over the weekend to finish the book but we socialized and visited all weekend. Nothing wrong with that.

I am hoping...that more words come to me because this may be my most boring post ever. Seriously, what is wrong with me? I am never this short and to the point. I must be tired.

I am hearing...Mark rounding up Savannah for bath time and Savannah is begging that he not pull off her band-aid. (Wow, that was a pretty boring statement too!)

Around the house...things are clean, swept and put back in order now that we are home again. There is no sign that Ike was ever here inside or out.

One of my favorite things...is going for a walk which I am going to do when I am through with this post. I am ready to enjoy the cool evening air.

Plans for the rest of the week...Awanas, work, school for Savannah, and then Savannah and I have a big weekend planned.

I am laughing...at the irony that it is very cool tonight now that we have AC. It is cool enough that even Savannah's closed up room can be cooled down just by having Mark and I's windows open.

No comments: