Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Thursday, September 25, 2008

Outside my window...the sun is rising to let me know I should be getting my day started instead of blogging.

I am thinking... of my projects for the day. We recently painted the outside of our house but we have not painted the shed in our backyard. That's my goal today. I am also thinking "yippee! I don't have to get dressed today!"

I am thankful for...the fact that Savannah just crawled into my lap to cuddle while I blog.

From the kitchen...I tried homemade pasta again. Last night's dinner featured a whole chicken that simmered in white wine, many spices, and fresh rosemary all of which were contained in my crock pot for the day, and homemade pumpkin raviolis with a sage sauce drizzled over them. A sundry of delicate flavors filled our plates and tickled our taste buds. Today, I will utilize the leftover chicken carcass to make an out-of-this-world-and-not-even-comparable-to-store-bought broth.

I am wearing...pajama pants, a T-shirt, unbrushed freshly tousled hair (but my teeth are brushed!), and a smile.

I am creating...hummm, I just finished creating posters for the "Biggest Loser" game I am playing with my clients. I am painting today, but nothing creative. I guess I am taking the day off from creating. Hey, even God took a day of rest after creating! Oh wait, I am creating a great broth on my stove that will simmer all day developing a myraid of flavors.

I am going...to drop Savannah off at school and then straight back home! I am looking forward to a much needed day at home. That has not happened in a couple of weeks.

I am reading...nothing! I finished Tale of Two Cities and it remains timeless. Beautifully written literature never ages. There are layers in this book that lend it to be read time and time again with new discoveries in each viewing. Tears come to my eyes just thinking about the last line. "It is a far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known." OK, now I am crying and I don't cry!

I am hearing...Savannah dump all of her dress up jewelry onto the hardwood floors. It's quite loud.

Around the house...many things need to be done yet, I am sitting here blogging in jammies. I have had a sore throat and a sprained wrist this week so many things have been left unattended to.

One of my favorite things...is zumba. I was planning on going tonight with Lee Ann but if I paint all day and my head and throat feel like crud again, I may not. Over the summer I stopped going so, I was really looking forward to going tonight. Hopefully, I will be there and feeling great!

A few plans for the rest of the week...well, the week is almost over. We are staying home this weekend and that's exciting. We have a few play dates in the works and projects around the house.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...





My posing husband is a hilarious goofball and I have no idea what he is doing here. I hope it makes you laugh as much as it makes me laugh!

No comments: