Saturday, September 20, 2008

GIRLS NIGHT OUT ON THE TOWN

It's Friday night and you are out with the girls you have been friends with since childhood. Your children are at home with their Daddy or the grandparents. You are free. Free like the wind to go where ever you want. And what do you do? Well, our group went to dinner at Chuy's at Knox/Henderson (Savannah and I are in Dallas this weekend). Good mexican food and much needed conversation filled our time there. After that, we were warmed up for our girls night on the town. There was much to do in walking distance of the restaurant. The numerous options lined up in our minds like sprinters at the starting point. And what wild and wacky option did we choose for our childless night out on the town? Froggies 5 &10, a toy store.

In my defense I must say this isn't just any toy store. They carry every novelty toy you see in boutique shops and unique children's magazines, but they are all under one roof. And these four Mommas were in heaven! We all bought our kiddos something and it took much restraint not to buy more! For my little munchkin I found chopsticks for kids. This will solve an ongoing frustration for Savannah at the dinner table. She refuses to eat with a fork if we are eating with chopsticks yet she struggles coordinating the two sticks. Food is usually stabbed or creatively scooped into her mouth with a great mess left behind. She is going to flip out with excitement next time we cook Asian and I hand her these easy to use and adorable chopsticks.

With our exploration of the toy store complete so was our night and we all hugged and went our separate ways. I arrived back at Mom and Doug's house to find it empty and that's when I realized I am getting old. My daughter stayed out later than me.

Savannah's night out centered around her first trip to the Superdrome to watch Pee paw (Doug) compete. Off to the races Grandma (my mom)and Savannah went with much curiosity and anticipation.




Savannah enjoyed watching the kids race and now states she is ready to learn how to ride her bike so she can race!



She did see one wreck and she freaked out just a little until she realized Peeps wasn't in it (he had a bad wreck this spring). Once she knew Peeps was OK she said, "Somebody's gonna have some boo boos."

Their arrival home, much later than mine, was announced by Savannah's constant energized chattering. Although it was long past her bedtime, she was wired and eager to tell me all about her night on the town. Something tells me we will be heading back to the track soon.

No comments: