Monday, September 1, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For today, Monday, August 31st, 2008

Outside my window...clouds are accumulating and the wind is beginning to pick up to signify Gustav is nearing.

I am thinking...it's a holiday, there is no food left in the house, and I don't want to go to the store. Hummm...what does that mean? I want a night out.

I am thankful for...time just to play on the lake with our family this weekend and watching Savannah's joy beam out of her smile.

From the kitchen...smells of banana bread linger from breakfast this morning. That's when you know you have no food. When the only thing left is to over-ripened bananas!

I am wearing...chocolate brown shorts, an olive green shirt with a cool plant graphic that says, "conserve and protect" oh, and barefoot as always.

I am creating...themed (y'all know I love a theme) table decor for our MOPs meetings this year. It's not a theme that I would normally choose to decorate in so it's really stretched my creative muscles but I think I have finally conquered it.

I am going...hopefully out to dinner later ;) but more than likely I am headed to the store. As for this week, I have a ton of running around to do in some area towns. And for next weekend we'll be off to an annual family reunion.

I am reading..."It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..." Yes, I am reading my favorite novel from High School lit, A Tale of Two Cities. It's always interesting to read the books you loved as a teenager with an adult perspective. So many times I am disappointed but as of now, this book continues to hold it's ground in my heart. There is a reason they are called "The Classics."

I am hoping...that airline prices will go down instead of up but at this point God would have to step down from heaven and intervene. If He plans to, I hope he does it soon because I am trying to book next years vacation right now!

I am hearing... Savannah sweetly say, "momma," as she wakes up from her nap. I can also hear Mark outside our window talking to a neighbor.

Around the house...the cats are sleeping, hurricane updates are on the TV, and Savannah is now playing games on the computer.

One of my favorite things...teaching Sunday school to the 11th and 12th graders. I pray I bless them at least 1/2 as much as they bless me. I love those girls.

Here is a picture I am sharing... one more thing I forgot to mention on my kitchen counter rundown. We have been "growing" sugar crystals on our counter for 3 weeks as a science project. Savannah got the recipe for rock candy in a cookbook Granny Smiles gave her and she follows me around with the book asking, "Can we make this Momma?" "How about this one Momma?" "Oh yum! Momma can we make this?"

Here is one of the many recipes we have made.




No comments: