Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook



For today, December 28, 2008

Outside me window...twilight lingers.

I am thinking...that I need to buy the book, "Boundaries" before next Christmas. I have been meaning to read that book for years but have never gotten around to it. After stretching myself so thin this Christmas that I am quite sure I failed everyone, the revelation hit me that it might be time to pick up a copy.

I am hoping...that this week is quiet, uneventful, and restoring.

I am wearing...pink sweat pants and a green sweater.

I am thankful for...being off duty for a week now that we are home from the Christmas rush.

From the kitchen...cereal for dinner. I NEVER do that but Mark won't be home until late and friends stopped by about the time I had planned to begin cooking. Oh, darn. No mess in the kitchen tonight.

I am creating... absolutely nothing praise the Lord! And I hope I do not have to use my brain for the remainder of my week. Are you sensing my burn out here?

I am reading...the 4th book from the Twilight series. Yes, more vampires. Gotta love mind numbing fiction.

I am hearing...Star Wars playing in the living room. As most of you know, Savannah is obsessed with robots and has been begging for a year for me to let her watch Star Wars. She's 3 years old! That movie is like a drug. We finally gave in a few months ago but I still fast forward a few parts. Earlier today, over lunch she announced she wanted a Star Wars birthday party. I'll have to consult Marcia for tips. I think she threw Star Wars birthday parties for 3 years straight. It could be worse.

Around the house...Christmas is still around. I have no desire to take it down at this point. No known chores are lingering. Rest people. Nothing but rest at the Peteet household.

One of my favorite things...rest. Just kidding. I actually don't "rest" much. It stresses me not to be accomplishing things. That's why I have driven myself to burnout. Anyway, one of my favorite things is my new "little black dress" that's not actually black, that my amazing husband gave me for Christmas. It had been hanging in a boutique on the square, calling my name for sometime. My husband took note and surprised me with it. How insightful!

A few plans for the rest of the week...do I really need to type the word again?

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...






Christmas Day 2008 at my aunt's house.
The Peteets need some rest.

2 comments:

Megan said...

GIRL.... go get some rest.

You're wearing me out just by reading your words.

I hope you do have a relaxing week.

Lee Ann said...

AHH your dress! Mark and I were going in the store at the same time the day he picked it up. I was so excited for you! It was killing me keeping the surprise! Good thing we've been too busy to talk much or I might not would have been able to stand it.