Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Retro Wednesday

Mesa Verde, Colorado, summer 2001

We had just hiked to the top of the mesa after exploring the ancient cliff dwellings (600 AD) of the pueblo Native Americans and their cryptic script of hieroglyphics along the way.

Although we were not engaged yet, we already knew we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together. When filling in Savannah's baby book while awaiting her birth, a question was asked, "What did Mommy and Daddy do together before I was born?"
Mark said, "That's easy. Everything."

I realized that we did do everything together from ballroom dancing lessons (we took for about 6 months before Savannah was born) to going to Lowes in the midst of remodeling our house. Even now, whatever we take on, be it new hobbies, careers, or lifestyle changes, we do it together.

I pray we always remember to grow together and never apart.
He is my best friend, my partner in everything.

No comments: