Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Burton's First Birthday and Other Amusing Pics

Let's just start with the most amusing picture first. Here, my sister is teaching Savannah to dance. My little hula girl spent most of our week in Aspen dressed in nothing but a hula skirt without a thought to the temperature being in the teens. Thanks to Putumayo's Hawaiian kids CD she now knows how to hula dance and is anxiously awaiting her first trip to Hawaii, as am I!
They are not hula dancing here. I have no idea what they are doing really. My guess is mom and I were singing some song for them to dance to.
OK, this is me opening up to you and abandoning all self consciousness. I was snuggled on the couch one evening reading "Twilight" and before I knew it, all the kids had curled up in my lap. They were so sweet, I had to post the pic in spite of me having on no make-up. One can never have too many nieces, nephews, and daughters in their lap!
Burton is often in my lap but I never post any of those picture because I never have make-up on! He and I must be evening snugglers.
He does love his Aunt Beana. Yup. That's me. Aunt Beana.
I love having a unique name for the kids to call me.



Savannah was dying to play in the snow so we took the kids over to one of the ski areas. They quickly learned they could slide down on their bottoms.





I wish I had video of this. You cannot imagine how fast Savannah is going here. She was flying! They walked up the hill/mountain a million times and slid down. Great pre-nap outing!



Here Dawn and I had just finished creating Burton's John Deer birthday cake. Actually, my humbly, talented sister created it while I gave verbal encouragement. Side note: these are the pajamas I so often describe in my Simple Woman's Daybook. I wear them a little too often.




On the big day Granny Smiles and Papa Mel came over the mountain.




Sisters.
There is nothing on earth like a sister.
They are like babies in you lap, you can never have too many.
Another side note: Dawn has always been taller than me but in pictures of us over the past few months, I look bigger. Maybe I am getting big boned in my old age. Maybe she is shrinking (pss get checked for osteoporosis Dawn). Just kidding, she is healthy. But even her shoulders look narrower! Soon she will be my little sister.





Jennifer Huskins, oops. I mean Jennifer Daly and her adorable boys popped in from Vail for the party. Jennifer is an old friend of Dawn's from childhood.
Another ex-Texan enjoying Colorado life.





Burton Archer Pendarvis with his new John Deer toy.
Savannah kept asking why Burton was having a John Denver birthday party.
(I thought you would like that one Kathy!)





Happy 1st birthday Burton!





No comments: