Monday, December 1, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For today, Monday, December 1, 2008

Outside my window...the sun is casting bright orange hues as it rises, highlighting the abundant fall foliage in our neighborhood.

I am thinking...that it is a little more than brisk outside, its freezing! We will be building a fire tonight.

I am going...to do a million loads of overdue laundry today, hit the store for a couple of essentials, begin preparation for our neighborhood Christmas tea, order Christmas cards, make bread, go to Dr. Kyle's to get adjusted, and plan a wedding shower.

I am thankful for...a week off from blogging. I thought about writing a few times over the holiday weekend to recap Thanksgiving or to discuss the decision looming over Mark and I that has emotionally drained us over the entire weekend. But all free time was spent discussing said decision. And at the end of the weekend, when we finally started to see a direction we might take, a wrench of dissapointment was thrown into the whole process jamming the gears. Square one.

One of my favorite things...date night with my husband. Last night we went to see "Twilight" in hopes of completely escaping reality and all discussion of things other than the supernatural. It worked and the movie was delightfuly amusing but as always, not as good as the book.

I am reading...a book about various women's experiences travel to Italy. I did finish the sequel to "Twilight" called "New Moon" over the weekend. I am anxious for AJ and then my mom to finish the third book so I can begin to read it. Many of you have asked questions about the book. Here is a review http://www.youthministry.com/?q=node/20316.

Around the house...the halls are decked for Christmas and there is no sign at all I just hosted Thanksgiving. I went minimalistic this year for both holidays. Thanks to Marti washing a couple of dishes (there wasn't much thank goodness) Thanksgiving day, all I had to do was sweep a little of the gunk that was tracked in from the less than desirable weather and then Thanksgiving was done.

From the kitchen...a breakfast of grilled cheese for me and plain organic yogurt with a dab of raw honey for Savannah (her absolute favorite breakfast/snack!).

I am wearing...pajama pants and a sweat shirt of Marks from High School! It states, "Bronco Basketball" yet, Mark played football. Maybe it's actually David's old sweatshirt. Surprisingly, it doesn't even have holes in it. I feel like a teenager hanging around the house in my boyfriend's sweatshirt but I have no clean clothes right now.

I am hearing...Sid the Science kid on PBS. We LOVE that show. Mark and I are science nerds so I was glad to see Savannah get interested in the informative cartoon. Later in the day after watching the first episode Savannah asked me when I stated something, "Was that your observation Momma?"

A few plans for the rest of the week...MOPs steering team meeting/Christmas party, Neighborhood Christmas Tea, one of Mark's Dr.s is having a Christmas party in Shreveport, Savannah's Christmas dance recital, and then all the usual stuff. All fun stuff but I am thankful there is not more!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...



A fall sunset in our backyard.
2008

1 comment:

Mandy said...

So glad you're blogging again. At least I can feel like we've caught up a little even though we keep missing our opportunites. :o) We missed you tonight. We have got to catch up in person soon. Love Ya!

PS. Have you seen Sid & his friends dance? I SWEAR they're doing Zumba! I taped it & took it to show Shannon. :)