Friday, December 5, 2008

Fools Rush In

I am not a day dreamer. If Mark and I discuss a dream together and both decide we are interested in pursuing the dream, it is no longer a dream to me. It is a goal. A goal in my mind that is so set in stone I picture it already obtained. Next I drive hard to get there. After all, in my head the goal is already achieved.

Last night, Mark and I discussed one dream. He had cracked the door open a tiny bit on said dream our last date night to let me know he might be interested. Like a lion I pounced on the ray of hope the opening door let in and ran with it at full speed. Last night Mark let me know ever so bluntly that he was overwhelmed at the rate I was moving on this dream he might be interested in. After all, it had only been 4 days since we had discussed the possibility. "You just go at everything full force, " he stated.

"Like that's a bad thing? I am a doer not a dreamer. 'Might' and 'maybe' stress me!" I ever so frustratedly replied.

We dropped the subject because I could see I had pushed him far enough tonight. With my thoughts still stirring as I tried to fall asleep, I wondered how being driven was so bad? After all, I accomplish things. Good things. Heck, I kind of thought it was my "gift."

I awoke this morning, picked up my bible and continued through the book of Proverbs as I have been doing all month. And there it laid before my eyes:

Proverbs 19:2
It is not good to have zeal without knowledge,
nor to be hasty and miss the way.

As my brother in law would say...well there you go.

2 comments:

Lee Ann said...

Oh I'm so feeling you today! Loved the visit this morning. Have fun on the mystery adventure this afternoon!

Kathy said...

Great verse!