Monday, November 24, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook



For today, Monday, November 24, 2008

Outside my window...welcoming Texas skies are fading into the evening.

I am thinking... about how wonderful my husband is. I have been out of town for 8 days and upon my return I found freshly cleaned bathrooms, recently laundered towels, a tidy kitchen, and a few home repairs completed. All this and he still managed to squeeze in a little hunting for himself.

I am thankful for...the ability to pick up and travel at anytime. I know when Savannah starts school some day this will all come to an end. But for now, we are soaking up every minute.

From the kitchen...nothing. Didn't you read? I have been gone 8 days! But last week at my sister's the kitchen was bustling. She and I were both in a mood to cook. We indulged in fall favorites along with some new experiments. It was a good week for the taste buds.

I am creating...centerpieces for our Thanksgiving tables, Christmas cards, table decor the neighborhood Christmas tea I host, and several other things for the upcoming season.

I am going...to be sane this holiday season. I am NOT going to go crazy! I think I have done enough ahead of time that I can sit back and enjoy my most favorite time of the year.

I am hearing...Savannah saying, "Daddy, let me hold the caulk gun. Daddy, can I try it? Daddy, please. Daddy is it my turn to caulk?" She is his shadow tonight since we have not seen him in a week. Earlier they were injecting the turkey with marinade together.

I am reading..."Twilight." Yes, I gave in to the pop culture phenomenon. And I must tell you that Savannah will never be allowed to date a vampire. Their ghost-like movements allow them to escape adult supervision all too well. However, when I go see the recently released movie version, I might scream like a 12 year old girl when the sultry, alluring, amber-eyed vampire named Edward appears on the silver screen with his perfectly sculpted body. And let me tell you, it will not be in fear!

I am hoping...uh, that my husband will take me to the movies to see "Twilight." What do you think my chances are? psst... call me if you want to go!

Around the house...Savannah is still following Mark, asking a million questions. Both of the have rubber gloves on. Perhaps I should go see what exactly they are fixing.

One of my favorite things...the day after Thanksgiving. We bring out the Christmas decor and music. Savannah always enjoys it but it seems every year she gets more and more excited about it. When she naps, I continue to decorate while Mark and I watch "Christmas Vacation" and laugh our socks off!

A few plans for the week...22 people over for Thanksgiving dinner, visit with family, decorate for Christmas and set up for a Christmas tea for the following weekend. And somewhere in there I'll relax and take it all in.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...



From the fire pit in our backyard. Fall 2008.

2 comments:

Lee Ann said...

I'm just now reading Twilight too! Almost finished. My sis is talking of going to see the movie with that trashy boy she drags around so I might be calling you.

Mandy said...

I'm so glad that you guys are home safe & sound! I've been debating on reading Twilight. You'll have to let me know if it's worth the time. :)