Monday, October 27, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook

For today, Monday, October 27, 2008
Outside my window...fallen leaves swirling in the chilly wind through the moonlit night.
I am thinking...way too many things. I can hardly concentrate to type this post. But, the stuff I am worried about is not my story to tell so I'll keep my keyboard still on that subject.
I am thankful for...God and his grace and mercy. Enough said.
From the kitchen...lingering smells of cloves from the ground meat sandwiches we had for dinner. I must post this perfect-for-fall recipe sometime. Man I love cloves! Side note: Chuck, I will make you pumpkin bread on Wednesday.
I am wearing...pink flannel pajamas dotted with black stiletto heals and purses. Cute, cozy, and comfy for our 35 degree weather tonight.
I am creating...a trash city! Savannah got the idea from a DVD about recycling. We covered our trash in construction paper and then colored them to look like buildings. Savannah's favorite saying these days is, "We need to reuse it!" It's a good reminder because I just tend to recycle instead of reusing before I recycle.
I am going... to the Tony Bennett concert at the Myerson in Dallas tomorrow night! My Dad, Mark and I will be a couple of rows back from the orchestra!!! Hence the number of exclamation points, I am excited. My Grandmother (Dad's mom) told me she and my Dad's dad saw him in concert before my Dad was born at a little Italian restaurant in Dallas. It's amazing that he is still performing so many years later.
I am reading...Innocent Traitor. I love historical fiction! It's like a history class with more adjectives. The only thing that would make the experience better would be if I got a grade! It would be an "A" of course.
I am hoping...that the person I am worried about calls me soon. She should be calling in about 15 minutes.
I am hearing...a train whistle.
Around the house...a cat is pooping in the litter box as I type and let me tell you, it is not pleasant.
One of my favorite things...Savannah's smile.
A few plans for the week... the Tony Bennett concert, awanas, Winnie the Pooh Live on Saturday for Savannah and I, opening weekend of deer season (aka uninterrupted reading and alone time for me :), MOPs, and work.
A picture thought I am sharing with you...

Autumn, we are happy you are here.

2 comments:

CDJ said...

What a beautiful child! Quite a busy week...I'll think of you as I'm reading/writing this weekend. We should come up with an "opening weekend" for something. An annual no-questions-asked excuse to be awol for 48 hours...think through that and get back with me wouldya?

Mandy said...

I hope that the person you are worried about is ok. Can't wait for Winnie the Pooh Sat. Do you guys want to ride together? Email me if you do. Have a great week!