Monday, October 6, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook


For today, Monday, October 6, 2008

Outside my window...dark yet peaceful silence. The crickets of last week have apparently moved on.

I am thinking...about all the things discussed in tonight's Sunday School teachers meeting. There is much to think and pray about in regard to where our class is going and how we are going to get there.

I am thankful for...Savannah's gift of communication in spite of the fact she practices this gift non-stop throughout the day. At 3:30 this afternoon she asked, "Momma, are you listening to me?" I replied, "Dear, I lost track about 300 words ago. Sorry honey, but I just can't keep up." There was a slight pause and then the words began to free flow again reflecting every passing thought that enters her head. Whether it is connected to the thought that precedes it or not is irrelevant.

From the kitchen...emptiness. We ventured out to a local eating establishment before our meeting tonight. No dishes, no cooking. It's been a good day.

I am wearing... pajamas. Barefoot. I promise I do get out of my p.j.s. But for some reason p.j.'s are called for when blogging my Simple Woman's Daybook.

I am reading...nothing currently. I will probably start something new tomorrow. I did just finish Dave Ramsey's "Total Money Makeover." Wow was that a good book to pick up! Mark and I have a few new ideas to put into play. We were already doing lots of good things but now we can do them even better.

I am hoping...I never know what to put for this one. Should I hope for world peace? Lower gas prices? Or to just make it through the day without losing my patience with Savannah? Truth be told, I am hoping God will take care of it all.

I am creating...new ideas for our Sunday School class in light of tonight's meeting. And I am still working on that M-O costume.

I am hearing...Mark listening to college football interviews on his computer. I am missing the crickets about right now.

Around the house...things are blooming outside although you really can't tell in the pics from my previous post. However, the grass and some of the flower beds appear to be dried up and tired from the summer. Sometimes when I look at them, I can see them begging for me to put them down for the winter.

One of my favorite things...can I say running again? It really is one of my most favorite things ever. I get anxious when I don't run. My mood darkens and I become edgy. It's as if the extra energy is building up and might explode on some poor unsuspecting soul. I think I am addicted to the endorphins. Maybe I should get some help!

A few plans for the rest of the week...lots of adventures are in the plans! Non-stop adventures! That is, for Savannah and I anyway. Daddy has to stay home and work. First up is the state fair on Wednesday. Those of you who know Savannah will know which part she is most excited about. The snacks! Do you know they are offering a awray of fried food (more than usual) this year? They are frying everything but water! I'm talking jelly beans, bacon (how can you fry it more?), dinner rolls (this is just odd!), green beans (this is just wrong), banana splits, honey buns, and the list goes on. I could easily start a rant right now but so far, my blog is rant free. I almost broke that seal when I saw a commercial from the corn people about High Fructose Corn Syrup, but I refrained. That took an enormous amount of restraint. So, to avoid giving y'all any more amunition to make fun of the dietitian, I must change the subject.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...




These are just a small fraction of the angel trumpet blooms in my backyard right now.

No comments: