Monday, October 20, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook


For today, Monday, October 20, 2008

Outside my window...bright blue, cloudless skies and crisp fall air.

I am thinking...how good it feels to be back at home again after being gone a day under two weeks. There truly is no place like home.

I am thankful for...an abundance of family and for the gift of spending time with them. Other than God, there is nothing more important in my life than family. Gratefully, I have shared that value with Savannah over the past couple of weeks.

From the kitchen...fresh groceries purchased this morning under great stress. We had nothing in the house so our trip to the store was a mammoth one. Savannah and I will probably whip up some pumpkin bread soon. That should fill the house with aromas of the season.

I am wearing...black yoga pants in hopes of a workout during Savannah's nap.

I am working on...getting unpacked, laundry and cleaning out the attic for our MOPs garage sale fundraiser.

I am going...to take Savannah to dance and then to the chiropractor for a much needed adjustment. I am suppose to be at a Relay For Life meeting tonight but with just getting back into town, I don't see that happening.

I am reading...uh, I'm embarrassed to say. I bought a Family Circle magazine today at the store for the first time. I've never bought a "mom" type magazine. My preffered magazine reading is more along the lines of Food and Wine, In Style, Conde Nast Traveler, and Southern Living. But I was curious. What can I say? Just don't tell anybody,

I am hoping...to get back into the normal swing of things before Savannah and I head back to Colorado next month.

I am hearing...silence. Savannah is now napping however, I am not working out as I had planned.

I am laughing at...the craziness of our day. I was in a sour mood until my husband sent me a sweet text out of the blue that made me smile. He didn't even know what kind of day Savannah and I were having but his timing was perfect.

One of my favorite things is...pictures! I am going through the 1200 pics I took over the past two weeks and preparing them to be uploaded to snapfish.

Around the house...bags are unpacked be we are not quite settled in yet.

A few plans for the week...work a little, clean out the attic and get ready for the garage sale, projects around the house, normal activities. Somewhere in there we'll squeeze in a date night.

A picture thought I am sharing with you...my sister Dawn and I on the way to our family reunion in Centerville a couple of weekends ago. Everyone should be so blessed to have a sister like her.

No comments: