Thursday, October 23, 2008

And we're off!

After our fair day the kids and Grandma needed a day of rest before the next adventure. So, Dawn and I left them at home and we set off for our sister day of drinking lattes, shopping, giggling, talking, and more shopping. I don't know how much rest grandma got while watching the grand kids but Dawn and I sure felt great that day.

Next on our destination list...Centerville! Kids in general are always excited to go to Centerville. The place consists of dirt to dig in, lots of old folks to spoil you, cousins to play with, and a massive amount of homemade tasty snacks. It's paradise.

You might be thinking "What or where is Centerville?" It's a tiny town where my grandparents grew up and the location of a couple of yearly family reunions. The town it's self might be forgettable but the stories and people are as ingrained as my DNA. But, more on that later.

Here is a pic of our kiddos waiting impatiently in the motor coach for our arrival at Centerville.


Luckily nap time kicked in and they were down for the ride. This gave Dawn and I more uninterrupted sister time so that we could contemplate if we will end up like mom and AJ (one of our mom's sisters) someday and dress alike ;) They are so cute.
Uh, I see a pattern here. Our family must do things in unison from an early age. Dawn, I have a feeling we will be dressing alike soon.








No comments: