Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Record Breaker

Yesterday morning was crazy. Archer woke up at 5am wide awake. I however would have appreciated another hour of sleep. The morning progressed in a chaotic manner as I got Savannah off to school and Mark off to work. I headed to work myself with Archer in tow leaving the house in a state of disaster. But what I really wanted to do was stay home, straighten up the house and take a nap.
Struggling to stay awake at my desk as I worked and while rocking Archer who was fussing, I prayed. "Lord, is it worth all the stress to work these measly 4 hours a month? Is this what I need to be doing? I enjoy it but I am willing to let it go if You want me to. I really have no idea on this one so I need your help."
Archer fell asleep then which I was thankful for. I was afraid his fussing would escalate to a point of embarrassment. It's just a wee bit unprofessional to bring your baby to work and then have him disturb everyone else. Not to mention that I use the owner's office now to nurse and change diapers. I already feel like I am inconveniencing everyone.
Once he was asleep I stepped outside the office to get a few more medical charts. Just then the owner said (literally moments after I finished that prayer), "Christina, you know I really don't mind Archer being here. His fussing doesn't bother me. He really is the happiest baby. I love going into the office and seeing him. He always smiles at me."
This is a grandmother who as she put it is going through grandmother's empty nest. Her grandkids are all teenagers now, to old to be babies but too young to start the next round of babies in the family.
So this was my answer from God (and record breaking fast I might ad! I love it when He does that.). For whatever reason He wants me to continue to work at this job. Now I pray I fulfil God's purpose for me here...with Archer in tow :)

No comments: