Wednesday, April 28, 2010

From the kitchen...

Wednesday April 29th





Breakfast: 6:20 am I scrambled 8 eggs (3 for me, 3 for Mark, and 2 for Savannah). They were store bought free range because we were out of the farm fresh. I plan to pick up more farm eggs today when I get Savannah from school. Everyone had a piece of toast from my homemade bread. The bread was made from spelt and wheat flour that had been soaked in water with a few tablespoons of buttermilk. Organic store bought butter and raw honey topped the toast. Savannah had Parmesan cheese on her eggs.


Mark and I both had organic coffee that has been decaffeinated with the Swiss water method instead of chemicals. I drink mine black he uses rapadura in his. Rapadura is a sugar that is much more raw than "sugar in the raw". It's made by the company Rapunzel. We also drank raw milk from a local dairy with our meal.



After breakfast I made lunches for Savannah and I to take with me since we will be out and about most of the day. Savannah's lunch included per her request chicken by itself, no sandwich n0 chicken salad, just chicken. This was leftover from making stock over the weekend. With it she had an individual container of Stoneyfields organic Greek yogurt with strawberries. I don't normally buy flavored yogurt but she begged for it at the store the other day and I got it for her as a treat.



My lunch consisted of homemade almond butter that I made last week on homemade bread. No jelly or honey needed, this stuff is AWESOME! The almond butter is worth every minute it takes to make it. With it I packed raw milk in my sigg.



On our way out the door to Kindermusik I grabbed a banana for me for a snack. Savannah ate a snack at school. It was probably something processed like pretzels or crackers but I don't worry about it since it is such a small portion of the food she consumes. Mark ate lunch out with his boss.



Lunches were eaten in the car after I picked Savannah up from school. Picked up more farm fresh eggs while we were in the neighborhood.



Later that afternoon at home Savannah asked for a snack of peanut butter and raw honey. The peanut butter was store bought organic because I could not find raw peanuts last time I went to the health food store and homemade nut butters are only worth making if I can start with raw nuts. I had plain yogurt (no honey for me. I like it plain.) and then I cut up a fresh pineapple for us.

Dinner was leftover red beans and rice made with all natural organic pecan smoked sausage topped with avocados, tomatoes, and green onions.

After dinner I set some wheat flour out to soak in water and yogurt in preparation for making banana bread tomorrow.

Archer had momma milk.

1 comment:

Katy said...

yum homemade almond butter...how do you make that?