Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Next Leg

Back on the train with full bellies, we took advantage of the fact that no one had to take turns driving, and we all rested while enjoying the scenery go by. Scenery such at this, this Mighty Mississippi.



This time we did not share a sleeping compartment with my Dad. Savannah and I had our own roomette across the hall from my Dad.





After a rest it was time for a sunset dinner. Between the rainbows and sunsets, it was hard to focus on the food. But as I have said before, it was suprisingly good.



The next day our stop in Denver brought us suprises for Savannah. My sister, her husband and 2 children and my grandparents met us at the train station. The rode the last leg of the trip with us into Glendwood Springs.

We spent most of our time in the viewing car so we could all ahnd out together. The views of the mountains weren't 1/2 bad either! The kids loved the fact that we went through about 20 tunnels in just a few hours.



Here are the cousins in the viewing car happy to be together.






Ella hung out for a bit with us in our compartment. The girls thought it was pretty cool that they got to hang out in there together by themselves (I was 2 feet across the hall with my Dad in his. I could literally reach out and touch them from his compartment. But I don't think they realized that.)

No comments: