Monday, July 6, 2009

Better Late Than Never!

I have been meaning to post pictures from our train trip to Chicago for a couple of months now. Just about every kid I know loves trains and many of my friends are considering train trips. I hope these pics intice you to try an overnight train trip. Although the whistle wakes you up periodically, few things are more exciting for a child than sleeping and eating on a train.




Waiting with much anticipation at our local train station!




All aboard. I must comment on the hospitality. The conductor met us outside the train with a big greeting already knowing our names and who we were meeting up with on the train. Now that's service!

Once on board our attendant introduced herself and was equally accomadating and friendly.




Our compartment. The couch on the left made out into a full size bed and then there was a bunk that came down on top of that. Around the corner from Savannah, over by my dad was the bathroom (not shone).




Passing through St Louis.




Eve and Savannah listening to the Ipod.



We saw geese, hidden ponds, farmlands, and many adorable small towns along the way.



So we got on the train in the evening, slept, woke up, got dressed, ate breakfast in the dining car with more friendly service (the food is actually pretty good!), explored the train, played some games, Savannah napped, I read, ate lunch, and then...next stop Chicago! Time flew! Not a bad way to travel at all!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I'm sold...I want to do this :)