Saturday, July 18, 2009

My True Color is Shining Through

While at my mom's the other day I picked up one of her gluten-free magazines to browse through. I noticed Elisabeth Hasselback was on the cover and I flipped to the article she was featured in. The story of her digestive troubles and eventual triumph over them (by eliminating gluten of course) were discussed at length. All of which I found interesting.

And then a personal note was added that she is expecting her third child this August. Immediately I remembered my mom commenting that she was pregnant with her first while I was pregnant with Savannah (I don't watch The View but my mom does). And I remembered my mom mentioning some time later that she had had another baby. So, this was to be her 3rd and her oldest is 4.

Surprised at how close together her children are (compared to my game plan since we both started at the same time) I said, "Oh, my gosh. She is pregnant with her third and it's going to be born next month? Her oldest is the same age as Savannah! Man she is having her kids close together. That's crazy."

My mom sarcastically replied, "Really? You think that's crazy. Hmmm, who would do that?"

"Yeah. Savannah will be almost 5 by the time our second is born. Her oldest is 4 1/2 and she is already on her third!"


I didn't get it at first and then my sister who was sitting right beside me busted out laughing.

For those of you who don't know she is about to have her third baby as well and her oldest turned 3 today! That means she has a barely 3 year old, 20 month old, and soon a newborn.

Truly my most blond moment ever. At least it gave everyone in the room a good laugh!

No comments: