Tuesday, July 7, 2009

CHICAGO!



Once Sears tower was in site we knew we had arrived. Savannah couldn't wait to ride the L (their train system/subway that is mostly above ground. Actually, it's elevated above the city streets.), a taxi, and the city bus.



I believe the hotel we stayed in was The Congress Hotel which I would highly recommend. The rate was VERY reasonable and as you can see we had an awesome view of Lake Michigan and the infamous Buckingham Fountain. The location was also ideal for the sites we planned to see.



The room itself was good size as well. I was expecting more of the closet size room like Mark and I stayed in in New York last spring.



After checking in we jumped on the L and headed out for dinner. We passed our stop on purpose just so Savannah could ride it a little longer. After being on a train the past 2 days, she still couldn't get enough! Of course being on thier public transportation train system was a completly different experience with a whole new landscape to view.

By the time we arrived at our dinner location, I could tell the lack of sleep was getting to Savannah. Our next stop was Sears tower and once we reached the stop she proclaimed she was ready to go back to the hotel and go to bed! It was not even 7PM yet. Poor kid.

None the less I grabbed a few photos from the top of the tower.




This is another view from our hotel room as the sun was setting. Savannah and I were in the bed by 7:45 to rest up for our next big day.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I want to travel soooo stinkin' bad. I truly hope that my husband has the same desire and that if it be the Lord's will we get to travel some day. There is so much more out there beyond Marshall.... haha!!! (North Carolina is the first place I want to visit - i hear it's beautiful)

And in response to the size of your New York hotel room - mom and dad have pictures from their trip and it was so tiny. Dad couldn't even straighten out his legs in the tub... his knees were in his chin. haha!

Love the pictures! Thanks for sharing for people like me who can't afford to travel right now! :)

Christina said...

Megan- you are young and single! That's the perfect time to travel (once you start getting a pay check of course ;) If you need a travel partner, Savannah and I are free for another year until she starts kindergarden!

P.S. Our NYC hotel room didn't even have a bath tub.