Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Dance Camp Rocks the House

It is no secret that I enjoy the fact that Savannah chose dance over any other sport or art she could take up (let me count the perks: air conditioning, cute outfits, no weekly games, 2 performances a year, fun hair excesseries...need I go on?). But, I find the greatest pleasure in watching her do something she enjoys more than anything else in the world.

She works hard to get her moves down just right. As I watch her I can see how much she loves the whole process from practice to stage. At first I thought she was just being a "little Mark" and that she just wanted to get on stage. But after her spring recital I realized it is important to her to perform well not just act like a ham for laughs! She really wanted to do well. It was neat to see something become important to her.






I'm not sure what this move is called. Karate Kid, maybe? Whatever it is, it looks like she is enjoying it!




plie



Arabesque






Boogie woogie




The end.

1 comment:

Glenna Workman said...

She was doing good at the recital! Meadow sure had fun yesterday.