Monday, March 2, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook




For today, Monday, March 2, 2009

Outside my window...brisk dark coldness.

I am thinking...my mutilated feet look like a cross between a burn victim and a bad squirrel bite or more like a squirrel has been nibbling on them for an hour or so and then someone threw diesel on them and then a match. Not pretty. Any good-lookingness I might be acquiring from this marathon training is negated by my leprosy ridden looking feet and the waddle in my gait for soreness.

I am thankful for... my friend Mandy. Let's be honest how many friends can spend this much time together without killing each other? We are together in MOPs leadership, church, bible study, and hours of marathon training. We have decided that a marathon is cheaper than therapy! If I really need to get a larger than normal amount of stuff off my chest, I just go so fast that Mandy can't breath and then I'm sure to dominate the conversation! I love you Mandy :)

I am wearing... PJs, but I was dressed earlier! I showered early after my workout.

I am hearing...nothing. Mark and Savannah are next door visiting neighbors. I sent them on an errand and if you send 2 socialites on an earned, they are sure to be gone an hour.

I am going...to work out the kinks of my full day tomorrow and try to fit everything I need to accomplish into my schedule.

From the kitchen...homemade sourdough bread just out of the oven and white bean, leeks and kale (which I still say would have been a great name for Sean but I am the only one who agreed with Lee on this one) soup for dinner. It was awesome! This was not a dish Mark was excited about but he was pleasantly surprised. Tomorrow night...Asian lettuce wraps!

I am creating...a very creative budget! Seriously, I have never used so much stinkin' white out in my life! I need to get a pencil sharpener. Oh, and a bunch of other projects too.

I am reading...the second book in Beverly Lewis's trilogy, Annie's People. Jah, it's gut book I'd say. I got so wrapped up in it over the weekend that when Savannah asked me a question I almost replied, "Go ask your Dat." Gotta love them Amish.

Around the house...everything needs to be cleaned but laundry is done, multiple projects await my attention, and a bunch of fat cats (OK 2 fat and 1 extremely muscular) are sleeping.

One of my favorite things...uh, right now that would be moleskin!

A few plans for the rest of the week...lots of work, lots of projects, bible study, MOPs steering team meeting, gardening with a friend, and fellow marathoners and I will walk 14 miles Saturday morning along with all our normal mileage. Whoo hoo!

A picture thought I am sharing with you...







A butterfly Savannah and Mark made out of girl tinker toys.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

I knew there was a reason that some days seemed harder than others! You were trying to keep me from talking! You know, we're not going to be able to quit this in a month or we're both going to need to find counselors! :o) We'd have to detox AND vent about the normal stuff! What will we do????!! Love you too! Only you could make walking as interesting as you do.
Famous Quote from last week...At 11-1/2 miles
Me: I can't Breathe!
You: YOU CAN BREATHE WHEN WE'RE DONE! ;o)

Megan said...

haha... i need to jump on board and run with you guys.

Running is therapy in general - with or without talking. Someone told me once that i gets your thoughts flowing or something... weird?!

You always seem to be making some creative dish for supper. I'm impressed!

Maybe one day i'll be as motivated as you! haha!

Lee Ann said...

I haven't had the chance to tell you but one day when I was at South Marshall walking to get my kids from the playground I looked up to see you and Mandy walking by. Actually you were walking and Mandy was running every 3rd step or so to catch up. I loved it!

Kathy said...

The kale comment cracked me up. I'm proud of you and Mandy for this marathon and I really enjoyed Mandy's comment "You can breathe when we're done!" Funny, funny stuff.