Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Farm Livin'

Here are a few pics from a recent trip to The Farm.




Savannah appears to be on a long journey. And being true to her God-given nature, she travels off the beaten path.



However our main reason for venturing out into the country was to fly a kite.



Of course, upon our arrival the wind died down and Mark had to sprint in circles to keep the kite in flight all the while dodging the items shown in the picture below.



The sight of my Scion driving across a pasture of cattle never fails to crack me up! It's as if any minute now cowboy clowns are going to jump out.



The cows were more than amused by this. Somehow in thier creative heads they got the notion we might be bringing them food. All the cows followed us across the farm, surrounded us, and then stared at the Scion. They have been known to follow any old truck in hopes of a snack, but a Scion? That's funny. Maybe they thought is was a bale of hay instead of a vehicle carrying hay.



Notice as the cows move in even closer all their mouths are open. Now we are not only getting the stare down but loud mooing as well.



Savannah may not like dogs who jump up on her but, she has never hesitated to pet a cow more than 10 times her size. From the time she could walk she would chase after those big beasts. Yet, the girl will run from a yippy pomeranian.



Ace is a good farm dog. Here he is resting in the wild flowers on a lazy afternoon.



And nothings sweeter than a girl and a dog.



They really are good buds.

3 comments:

From East Texas to the Far East said...

Was this Sunday? I thought that I saw you guys drive by. We were on our way back home from Longview and I thought that I saw your car headed back towards home. I got your e-mail about the garage sale...not sure if I have enough time this year to pull the trigger, but I will keep you posted.

Lee Ann said...

Sav's legs look so long in these pics! I guess when I go so long without seeing her I can really tell how big she's getting.

CDJ said...

I LOVE this post. You rock. Update: the plants are still alive. (wah-hoo) You may need to do a drive-by maintenance inspection. Thanks again. Blog on, my friend!