Monday, March 30, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



For today, March 30, 2009.

Outside my window...lavender wisteria blooms drip down from the arbor over my porch, squirrels are chasing one another up a tree and my azaleas are on the verge of revealing their peak blooms. In other words, it's a beautiful spring day in east Texas.

I am thinking...what a wonderful weekend we just experienced. Our Robot Kindermusik party was a huge hit (pictures and highlights coming soon) and having the family all together was priceless. We really have a top notch, dedicated family. Folks drove in and flew in just so we could all be together and for Savannah's birthday of course!

I am thankful for...new running shoes. You all may be wondering how my mutilated feet are doing. I bought another new pair of shoes at Run On a couple of weeks ago and set out to walk 20 miles in brand new shoes. The verdict? I wish I had bought them months ago! My feet are great now. And, I am thankful for my mother. How many people can say that their mom will do a marathon with them? How cool is that?

I am hearing...Curious George. We love that little monkey around this house. Without him I probably would not blog 1/2 as much!

From the kitchen...leftover grilled chicken from the weekend was served over a bed of fresh spinac with chopped squash, and cherry tomatoes, and finished off with a homemade balalmic vinnagrette. The fresh dish hit the spot! Leftovers can be soooo good.

I am reading...nothing! I have barely had time to breath the past few weeks. This week will be no different. I am keeping up with my bible study and looking forward to hitting the library in a couple of weeks when things slow down.

I am creating...nothing! Listen people, I am busy.

Around the house...things are mostly restored from the big weekend. I didn't clean too much today. Savannah and I spent most of the day just playing together. Priceless.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Mark will be out every evening to practice for The Sacrifice (big Ester drama that our church puts on). He is playing the part of the theif on the cross next to Jesus' cross and from what I am hearing he is putting on quite a show. Friends and even some friends' mothers are reporting that he is the jokester during practice. I'm so glad Mark can amuse everyone. Anyway,I have the final week of marathon training, work and Relay for Life (an all night walking event to raise money for cancer.) The day after Relay, Mandy and I will drive to Dallas and the marathon is on Sunday. Mark will perform the Sacrafice several times this weekend and Monday we will meet up for our anniversary. Basically, we all have big events and lots of responsiblities this week and we will all be running in different directions.

A picture thought I am sharing with you...




Centerville, TX. Spring break 2009.
This cousin moment was captured during a walk in the woods. We were staying at the house my grandmother grew up in. Many generations have played in these woods. I'm glad my daughter has had the chance to do the same.

No comments: