Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



For today, March 11, 2009

Outside my window...the sky is on the cusp of a full day of spring thunderstorms. Storms a brewing!

I am thinking...that Savannah and I will have fun today and not get much done. I have been inspired to cut loose and fancy free by none other than Cari herself.

I am wearing...cream colored silk pajamas. Savannah is drawn to me when I wear these. They are a silky snuggle magnet.

From the kitchen...last night was my old stand by beef curry. And for the first time, I made it with beef instead of venison. Savannah ferociously gobbled up her bowl and Mark and I both went back for seconds. Good stuff.

I am thankful for...Paula Burks who seems to have me on her spiritual radar. She asked me to fill in as a group leader Monday night at a woman's event with our church. When I looked at the material I realized that this was the one session I had missed when I was apart of the class last fall. I was content knowing just that. But, after the session I shared with her that I took 2 pages of notes! I needed to be there and God put me on her mind for a reason. This is the 2nd time God has used Paula to get me where I need to be.

I am reading... Just finished the third and last book in the Beverly Lewis trilogy, Annie's People. Savannah and I will hunt down new books this morning at the library. I am still reading Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace for Mark and I's class and The Power of a Praying Woman by Stormie Omartian for the bible study I am involved in.

I am creating...an Intergalactic Robot birthday party for Savannah this month. Savannah wanted no outer space robot left out so characters from Star Wars and WALL-E will make appearances in the decor. Donnis will be coming to provide Robot Kindermusik entertainment. This all makes sense to Savannah but I don't think the other 4 and 5 year-olds will know how to pretend they are R2D2! Still struggling with the cake. Any ideas?

A few plans for the rest of the week...all the normal stuff, fellow marathoners and I hit the 18 mile mark this week, Mark and I have a wedding to go to (cocktail dress and dancing! Yea!), and begin to get the yard ready for spring.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...







Savannah, fall 2008

Photograph by Jeanne Damoff

No comments: