Sunday, March 22, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



For today, Sunday, March 22, 2009.

Outside my window...blue skies and sunshine.

I am thinking...that we had a lot of fun over the past week while we were out of town. But now exhausted, we are glad to be home. However, my to-do list is bigger than me.

I am thankful for...an understanding husband. Savannah and I can be gone traveling for a while or I could be out training for a marathon and Mark is an ever supportive rock. It's easy to day dream what it would be like if I married someone else and even in a day dream it never pans out. Mark and I go together like dark chocolate and espresso. One just enhances the other, neither being the superior flavor. Yet one flavor lacks depth without the other and fails to reach it's full potential alone.

From the kitchen...I will be doing something with tilapia tonight but I haven't decided exactly what yet. After being gone a week, I desperately need to go to the store.

One of my favorite things...is exercise. I know I have said that before but I love the post workout endorphin high. Friday, Mandy, Mom, and I did 20 miles and I could have easily done more. It was a beautiful spring day along side White Rock Lake in Dallas. The Arboretum boasted the Dallas Blooms Festival and the lake echoed back the season. Sometimes the more miles I go, the farther I want to go. It's an endless circle that makes it hard to stop. Obviously I am not a sprinter but I have killer endurance. Slow as molasses but constant as a river, that's me.

I am wearing... a fitted graphic tee that I bought in NYC, near China Town last spring and army green capri pants.

I am hearing...Mark mowing and a neighbor blowing.

A few plans for the rest of the week... MOPs, work (lots of that), getting ready for out of town guests and Savannah's 4th birthday party, bible study, helping some friends out, settling in from being out of town, and preparing for our marathon in two weeks.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...



Savannah, just before her 1st birthday 2006.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I'm impressed with the marathon training that ya'll are doing! Give Savannah a big hug for us - can't believe she is nearly 4! We hope to make a trip east before too long...

Katy said...

Christina,
Savannah is so precious! I love that picture, it reminds me how quickly they grow...Happy 4th Savannah.
Love,
Katy