Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook


For today, Tuesday February 17, 2009

Outside my window... grey, cold, and wet. Same as last time.

I am thinking...how nice it will be to get away this weekend. Mark and I will be staying downtown (Dallas) at the hotel we stayed in the night of our wedding. We didn't actually plan that part, it just kind of happened. We will be walking over to the arts district to see the King Tut exhibit (I have been waiting for this for months!) and then out to a nice dinner where I will get to wear my new cocktail dress Mark got me for Christmas. That's a big weekend for the Peteets!

I am thankful for...one of the best Valentines Days ever. Savannah helped me make baked ziti while asking questions about everything from the freshly grated nutmeg to my choice of cheeses. I enjoy cooking with her at a leisurely weekend pace. We also had roasted garlic bread, broccoli, and creme brulee. Although everything on the menu is a favorite of Savannah's, creme brulee by far tops them all. What could be better than combing dessert and fire? And nothings cooler than a mom with her own blow torch! Oh yeah, and she had a Fancy Nancy moment when we ate off our china by candlelight. The whole experience from scratch to finish was enjoyable for everyone.

I am wearing...big gold hoops, chocolate brown dress pants and an American Eagle long sleeved brown and blue striped sweater.


From the kitchen...Greek cheese truffles served with cucumber slices and olives for an outing tonight. The rest of the family will be eating scrumptious leftovers from last night which is an open faced sandwich of red wine short ribs shredded served on top homemade sourdough bread with blue cheese. Put it all under the broiler and then add sauteed red onions with balsamic vinegar and mixed greens. The layers and depth of flavors in this meal cannot be described. It has to be one of the best meals ever!

I am creating...a more focused lifestyle through various studies I am in right now.

I am reading...Persuasion by Jane Austin. It's the only book I have not read of hers in spite of the fact it has sat on my shelf for years. However, every time I try to read it I fall asleep. Jane and I may not be seeing eye to eye right now. Or maybe I am just extra tired.

I am going...to Amanda's house for a MOPs mom's night out. We are having a game night with lots of tasty treats. Looks like there is going to be a big turnout so it should be lots of fun.

A few plans for the rest of the week...myself and fellow marathoners will hit the 10 mile mark this week, and then there is all the usual stuff plus a fun filled weekend for Mark and I.

The Simple Woman's Daybook

1 comment:

Megan said...

Hey - your "i am wearing" was different today! haha!! You always talk about how you hate the fact that it's always Pajamas!!! Well today you were far from jammies!!

Hope you have fun this weekend.

LOVE YOU!