Sunday, February 15, 2009

Cliffs Notes

Here is the Cliffs Notes version of a previous post that some thought (my Mother) was written in riddles and made absolutely no sense. I will try to avoid the use of alliteration, allusions, analogies, imagery, metaphors, satire (ha ha), or puns. And for the sake of clearness, I will even limit the use of adjectives.

Yes, I was planning on focusing more on my career. Yes, I did think God was leading me in that direction and away from MOPs leadership. Yes, I was excited about the change.

But, God changed my direction instantly when I sat down at that leadership meeting. He spoke to me as plainly and directly as if He had been sitting in the chair beside me at that meeting. I knew He wanted me to not only continue on in the MOPs ministry another year, but He wanted me to lead our group. And in the instance He let me know I needed to step up and be the MOPs coordinator, He also gave me a peace about the postponement of my own dreams and goals that I had planned for next year.

I must stress to you all that I am competitive and I want badly to continue my career. So, to say He gave me peace in my heart as He revealed His plan for me is to say quite a bit. Talk about a peace that surpasses all understanding! Normally I freak out when someone changes my plan as I head towards a goal!

All that to say, I will be coordinator of MOPs next year and I am fired up and excited about it!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I'm excited for you as well as the MOPS moms! You will be awesome and what a great ministry! God's plans are always better :)

Happy Birthday to Mark this month - I can't remember the date...