Monday, January 26, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



For today Monday, January 26, 2009

Outside my window...bone-chilling-wet, grey cold skies.

I am thinking...that several people have asked me to post fun recipes, inexpensive recipes, healthy recipes, and other nutrition ideas over the past 9 months and that I should get to it! I have tried to avoid the inevitable turn of making this a nutrition blog. But, a leopard can't change his spots now can he? I will be posting on such subjects soon. I promise.

I am thankful for...the many good things that make up our lives. They keep us busy and take up much of our time. But they always give back more than I could have predicted.

From the kitchen...7 grain pancakes with walnuts and blueberries topped with organic pb and the real deal Canadian maple syrup (not pancake syrup that is actually high fructose corn syrup with caramel coloring and artificial flavor) will be served for dinner tonight. Mark made the pancake batter Sunday morning but we didn't use it all. I'm sure Savannah will have blueberries, kiwi and kefir for dessert. That's all she ever wants these days. (See, I am giving helpful nutritional hints along the way :)

I am wearing...chocolate brown corduroy pants and a big wool sweater. Although I have make-up on, my hair is wet and in a towel awaiting further instructions.

One of my favorite things...my new running shoes I picked up this morning with Mandy for the marathon. They are a LONG overdue addition to my workout ensemble. LONG overdue. I was almost embarrassed to show the guy at the running store my old shoes. Thank goodness they don't show a mileage number like a car!

I am reading... Tracie Peterson's "Shadows of the Canyon." The verdict is still out. At first I thought this might be a sappy love story (not my style of reading) but last night there was a murder so, things are looking up!

I am creating...plans.

Around the house... it is a mess! We had a very busy weekend and I ran out of the house first thing this morning. So, there's lots of catching up to do. Laundry, the store, picking random things up, etc. all await me. They may await my attention until tomorrow!

A few plans for the rest of the week...MOPs tomorrow, training for the marathon, my new woman's bible study begins, disciple now (I have jr high girls this year. I hope it goes well, my 11th and 12 th grade girls are so mature, I can really go deep with them. this might be a big change!), a meeting for go-ministries tonight, and Savannah and I are going to review a restaurant in Shreveport for a contest. She has an interesting way of elaborating on the food she eats. It could go very well or she could freeze up and not say a word. Either way, it will be a fun night out for the 2 of us.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...I don't know this puppy. I don't know where he came from. But somehow he ended up as a photo in "my pictures." I thought it was kind of funny so, I decided to post it. Cute, isn't he?




1 comment:

Megan said...

awww such a cute lil' puppy dog!!!

Have a good week Christina!!!