Monday, January 19, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook


For today, Monday, January 19, 2009

Outside my window...bright mid-day sun soaked blue skies are begging us to come back out and play. But, it's nap time for the little one and work time for me. After blogging of course!

I am thinking...that the new background on my blog is not the one I chose. I have no idea why this one showed up. But, I don't want to mess with it anymore. So here it is.

I am hearing...the washer, dryer (always laundry on Mondays), and the wind whooshing through the bare limbs and rustling fallen leaves.

I am hoping...that Mark's real first day on the job goes well and that he continues to find contentment and achievement in his work.

I am wearing...darn! sweats again! I think it's because I blog on Mondays that I am always wearing sweats. It's my laundry day guys. Seriously, I am not that big of a bum. That's it, I'm going to start doing my day book on Tuesday because that's when I dress cute!

From the kitchen...tonight we will have a beans and rice dish. Nothing exciting. However, last night Mark and I had an awesome date night dinner out at a fabulous modern Mexican restaurant. Mole anyone?

I am creating...uh, that's a tough one. I am cleaning out cabinets and closets and packing things away for a garage sale this spring. Reorganizing can be creative! I am trying not to "create" anymore ideas for house remodel right now until Mark gets settled in his new job and we have more time.

I am thankful for...being able to go to Dr. Kyle's (our chiropractor) and get adjusted every week. Last Thursday I felt like I was getting the flu. I could feel the aches all the way down my back. But after getting adjusted by Kyle and submitting to a good night's rest, I was fine! I LOVE how I feel after getting adjusted. Savannah does too. Giggles and smiles flow from her as Kyle works on her. It cracks me up. Then she says, "oh momma, I feel better!"

I am going...to post the link to other daybooks for your enjoyment.

I am reading..."The Christians, An Illustrated History" by Tim Dowley. I walked by it at the library and decided to take a chance and pick it up. I had no idea if the guy who wrote it was a historian, theologist, and/or atheist. It was a little boring at first as it bravely recapped the book of Acts (the book of Acts provides more detail and is one of my favorite books of the bible. So, his abbreviated version was a bit dull and uninspired.) But then it picks up where the bible leaves off and brings us to present date. It's no secret that I am addicted to learning especially when it comes to history. That said, this book has been great! It has answered one of many questions that have long bothered me such as why the books 1 & 2 Maccaabees are left out of our bible. My innate personality causes me to question things and this question has been eating at me for a while. My unanswered inquiry led down a path of, "Well what else have the left out? Or worse, added?" Ignorance is dangerous. But now I know why they left it out and so many other things make sense as well now. There is a black cloud over organized religion in society right now. I think if people actually researched their questions and sought God directly in their quest, they would be surprised. Man, I love history! There is no other way to learn which way to go, until you've seen where we have been. Plus, God and the bible keep being proven every time!

Around the house...stillness. Quietness. Peacefulness. Oh, and laundry waiting to be folded.

One of my favorite things...reading. Though I read often, I cannot quench my thirst.

A few plans for the rest of the week...work, AWANA, Mandy and I begin training for a marathon. Mom's doing it too but she's a little far away to train with us. Lets see, what else? Play dates, to do lists, and Mark and I start a financial bible study together at a friend's church. I love finances and I am looking forward to a bible study Mark and I can do together.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...




Vacation, summer 2007
Mark, myself, Savannah (2 years) and Ella (11 months)
Aunt Becky is in the row behind us.
Savannah is missing Ella today.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Mandy told me about your "training".... Sounds like fun!

I might need to check out this section of the book that talks about 1 & 2 Maccabees. I had never heard of these books until this religion class i took a while back. I'm totally curious!

Have a great day!!!!

Mandy said...

UGHH! Now you've put in in writing I can't back out, can I? I hope I can keep up!