Sunday, January 18, 2009

Out of pocket

So, some have you have been wondering where the Peteets have been. It's not like me to go a week without blogging. Yes, we were out of pocket this past week although not always out of town. I think we missed 4 social events last week. And it is not like the Peteets to miss a party!

We were out of town for my little cousin's wedding and then came back home to meetings and busyness along with the addition of my niece who had never been away from her mother before. Mark left town for a week and after a couple of days my mom, sister, and nephew arrived.

I don't know why it was so busy. There were lots of obligations and little but constant things scheduled and that needed to be done. And then there was the scary taste of what it would be like to be a single parent of 2 (I had both Ella and Savannah.) Yikes!

But we had fun as well. A slumber party in my bed with a 2 and 3 year old can be quite fun and adorable (notice I didn't list restful). The trip to Gator and Friends to pet zebras, camels, Scottish cows, kangaroos, and etc. provided entertainment. Trips to the store and just having lunch with a cousin provided massive amounts of giggles. I mean massive amounts of giggles people!

Our week together was set to end on a high note with horseback riding at Mrs. Kim's. Savannah looked forward to another ride on Mr. Ed. But to our surprise, 10 minutes before we arrived a horse expectantly died (not Mr. Ed). It was not a pretty sight for the kiddos to witness. We said hello and then left them to tend to the long list of things that needed to be done. Savannah was disappointed that the "sleeping" horse did not feel well. But with a promise to come back and ride some other time, her mood boosted again. Until she realized that when we headed back home, Ella would head to Dallas with her mom and then fly home to Aspen.

Poor Savannah cried and couldn't understand why we weren't going back to Aspen with them. I could see her confusion. After all we usually do go home with them. I think we have been together every month since July??? So, now we have all gone home to our respective states and towns for the time being at least. The girls will have to be separated 2 1/2 months this time.

But, we are all back "in our pocket" now. Although sometimes I think we are "out of pocket" so much, that that really is our pocket. Hmmm, somethings to ponder.

No comments: