Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook

For today, Tuesday, November 18, 2008





Outside my window...the cold darkness of an autumn night highlighted by the moonlit snow capped mountains of Aspen, Colorado.





I am thankful for...the giggles in the car ride up here between Ella and Savannah, sushi and starbucks alone with my sister this afternoon, and the fun plans awaiting us the rest of the week.





I am wearing...pajamas, of course. One can hardly curl up and blog without them!





I am hearing...mom talk to Peeps in the background on her cell phone. He gets lonely when we are all together without him. But don't worry about him. He will fly up on Friday to be with us.





From the kitchen...recently roasted butternut squash in preparation for tomorrow's breakfast of butternut squash french toast. To counteract the effects of this extremely rich and tasty breakfast, we plan to walk a few miles in search of snow piles, elk, and deer tomorrow. A slight smell of the beef curry I made for dinner still lingers as well.





Around the house...Ella is still battling bedtime upstairs, Savannah is fast asleep, and I am typing on the computer while wondering why I chose to order a cafe mocha earlier that was not decaf!





I am creating...a complete list of all the topics I speak on as a professional speaker. Of all the professional hats I wear this is one of my favorites, especially in recent years since I have branched out into multiple topics vs. just nutrition topics alone.





I am reading..."Let the Nations Be Glad! The Supremacy of God in Missions" by John Piper. One of my students recommended it to me last year but I am just now getting around to reading it.





I am going...to bed eventually I hope!





One of my favorite things...is a gorgeous and very nice tea set that John and Allison brought back for me from China last year. It holds a prized location in my china cabinet catching my eye every time I pass by. The blue and gold details trigger thoughts of John and Allison's giving spirit, the orphans in China that await the arrival of their missionary friends next year, and the imprint of God they have left behind. No doubt it will keep me warm this winter in many ways.



A few plans for the rest of the week...our walk tomorrow morning, a trip to the ski area for the kids to play in the snow, a sister day out, more walking, a hunt for dark chocolate truffles downtown to take home to Mark, and Burton's first birthday party.




I have no picture thought for you this week. I'll just let you imagine the majestic sight of the mountains that lie on the other side of the giant picture window I am facing :)

2 comments:

Megan said...

This is me jealous.

CDJ said...

Ok, just stop.
I feel the urge to covet.

I guess you ARE sharing...and posting a photo would have just been mean spirited. (Please read the following in your best Ben Stein monotone voice - or Eyeore, that would work too!) "Have a great time, Christina. We all miss you. Enjoy Colorado..."