Monday, November 3, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook



For today, November 3, 2008

Outside my window...night has arrived and my neighbor is oddly enough, clapping. Maybe they are calling their dog???

I am thinking...of my to-do list for the week and our plans for the upcoming holidays. I'm ready to finish up my Christmas shopping and Christmas card list so I can kick back and really enjoy the season once it arrives.

I am thankful...for my dad inviting Mark and I to the Tony Bennett concert last Tuesday. It was like viewing a museum of history live before our eyes. He is still awesome. I think all three of us had a memorable evening.

From the kitchen...beef vegetable soup, sweet potato biscuits, and soon I will make fudgey walnut cookies for a meeting I am hosting tomorrow night.

I am wearing...pajamas, as always.

I am creating...a few exciting work projects.

I am going...to work tomorrow for a couple of hours and then I'll finish up most of my Christmas shopping. Oh, and to vote!

I am reading...Innocent Traitor still. It's very good if you like history.

I am hoping...that my career continues to prosper and grow at the rate God intends. I am ready to take on the world but I will look to God for guidance.

I am hearing...SNL Election Blash from the TV.

Around the house...everything is clean and put away (didn't you read? I am having people over tomorrow!) Savannah and the cats are already tucked in for the night. No, I don't tuck the cats in. They do it themselves.

One of my favorite things...fall foods. Pumpkin, winter squashes, apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves beckon me to the kitchen. Note to self: there are a few recipes I need to post on the blog. I don't know how I escape gaining an extra 10 pounds in the fall, it's my favorite food season! Perhaps the ideal brisk weather leads me to compensate with more running.

A few plans for the week...work, meeting, AWANA, hopefully a date night, playdate, holiday prep that must be done before I leave town again, and a bunch of domestic stuff.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...



Ridgway, Co Fall 2008


No comments: