Sunday, November 2, 2008

Whoa!

My day began earlier than I prefer due to the lack of my child's understanding of day light savings. Since we were up, we decided to brave the early church service. By saying, "brave the early service" I am referring to the absence of childcare for children Savannah's age. By the time the music portion of the service was over I was ready to head to the nursery and strike up a deal, beg, or administer force if necessary.

Savannah was not "bad," but she is three and three-year-olds require supervision. It's difficult to pour my heart into worship with one eye cocked to the corner monitoring any sudden movements, flying objects, or disappearing children (like when they crawl under the pew and you hike up your skirt and go after them). My bolt over the rainbow into the nursery led me to a pot of gold, Cari. I don't know if she took pity on me or if I ran so fast back into the service that she hadn't the chance for rebuttal. But, she admitted her into the two-year-old class. Savannah did not seem to notice that she was not among peers.

After the service I came back to thank the nursery workers for taking Savannah in in spite of her advanced age. I thought I would explain my ditching my child by telling them I was a water hose that was desperate to reattach to it's source of water but then realized I would sound crazy so I moved on.

Later in my Sunday school class (I teach 11th and 12th grade girls) my analogy came out. God wants us to be water hoses to the world. Anybody can be a water hose but what good is a water hose without a source? I was craving the water source this morning and wanted no distractions. Without it, I would have nothing to spray and I was scheduled to spray at 10 when class starts!

Being blessed in the morning service I had plenty to give when it came time to teach the girls twice today. We had a great class this morning and a fun bible study this evening. It would not have been possible without my rejuvenation to the source first. Glad we didn't wait for late service!

This afternoon I listened to my mother recap she and Doug's meeting with Lori (my little step sister), Aaron (her boyfriend), and Lori's mom. Lori is a 19 year old freshman in college who is now pregnant. Can we say "BIG MEETING?" Yeah it was an important one.

My mother said everyone sat down and begin to talk and she stopped them short. "The Lord just came over me and I knew we needed to pray. It wasn't even my words, it was His words. It was such a strong feeling." She was beginning to get choked up as she described the event.

Instantly I knew what had happened but I asked first, "What time did this happen?" Mom said, "Around 10:45."

I thought the meeting was going to be at 12 so, as I wrapped up Sunday school I revealed to my girls what was going on with Lori so we could pray for them with the other prayer requests. We prayed for that meeting specifically that God's will would be sought and that He would be there guiding them in their decisions. Church starts at 11:00 so, guess what time we were finishing up Sunday school and praying????? Yes, we were praying at the moment the Lord came over her.

Whoa! What a blessed day.

The best part about the day was sharing the events with my girls. Tonight, they all asked how things went with Lori and I told them my mom's story. Their response? "Whoa!" I can tell them bible stories and how it relates to them or we can experience God together as we did today.

I think we all tapped into the water source today cause there is some sprayin' going on!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

We serve an awesome God!