Friday, August 8, 2008

Still in Aspen...



Mark and I decided we needed a date in the midst of this family vacation. So we arose a 6 am one morning to hike Smuggler by ourselves. For me, the perfect date.

The morning air was refreshingly brisk as we climbed the steep switch backs. Our uninterrupted conversation was as priceless as the silent moments while we watched the sun slowly brighten Aspen mountain and then move across the valley. In the picture below you can see the sun is still hours from reaching us.








The tranquility of watching God awaken his creation inch by inch cannot be understated. But as I looked back at the mountain we were on, I saw the maze of trees beside me creating the forest.
And in this beautiful moment I suddenly laughed.





From my view (picture above) I told Mark, "This is beautiful but do you know what I see when I look out there? Planet Endor from The Empire Strikes Back! I am expecting Luke Skywalker to fly through on one of those thingies with storm troopers tailing behind him any minute! Did you see that? I think I saw an Ewok over there!"

Leave it to me to ruin the moment! Come on, you know you see it too.

1 comment:

Billie said...

You are so right on, I've seen Ewok's there in the past.......