Monday, August 25, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook



For today, Monday, August 25th, 2008




Outside My Window...the sun is setting behind a canopy of trees as a long day finally winds down.


I Am Thinking...that I love Cari's descriptive blog when she does the "Simple Woman's Daybook" and I am anxious to give it a try.


I Am Thankful For...the opportunity to stay at home with Savannah and just play. Our laid back lifestyle allows me to wrap myself up in discovering her growing personality.


From The Kitchen...nothing. The kitchen is closed, dishes are clean, no projects are lingering, no dough is rising. This is a rare moment in the Peteet Household. Perhaps I should go take a picture ;)


I Am Wearing...a couple of layered tank tops, army green shorts, and as always, barefoot.


I Am Creating...a large work project. Ideas continuously swim around in my head, leach out of my fingers to my keyboard and deposit themselves on my hard drive as if they have a life of their own.


I Am Going...to the couch soon to watch our much anticipated weekly show, No Reservations on the Travel Channel. The house will be quiet, the child asleep, and I will curl up with my handsome husband as we travel abroad without leaving our couch or getting a babysitter.


I Am Reading...Calm My Anxious Heart. Actually I just finished it for our Bible study. Much wisdom was gained and now I have the CHOICE of whether I want to apply it or not. Did you like that word choice Sharlene? Oh, and there's the word again!


I Am Hoping...that I get everything done on my "to do" list this week.



I Am Hearing...Mark and Savannah's bath time ritual which signals my break time, A.K.A. prime time blogging. By the way, the song Savannah sings to accompany this ritual goes like this, "My tooty, my booty, my tooty, my booty, " and you can imagine what she is shaking during this show.


Around The House...things are clean, tidy, and put away. Laundry is complete. Savannah is now out of the tub and standing beside me as words free flow from her mouth, I'm not sure she even knows she is speaking.


One Of My Favorite Things...is my tranquil daily 6am run (no Sundays). Alone time, need I say more? I'd get up at 5 for if I had to.



A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...It's really a slow week as we are dragged out of summer kicking and screaming. We'll hang onto the slow pace for a few more days. We are looking forward to Bible study tomorrow and the holiday weekend. In between those we have "to do" lists for various organizations that start back up next week.



The picture I am sharing...is at the top of this post. This is one of the truest pictures of Savannah's love I have seen. She loves so strong it can almost strangle you, and I mean that in a good way.




2 comments:

CDJ said...

How delightful! I'm adding pre-dawn exercise to the growing list called, "things Christina does, that I'll probably never, but we can still be friends". I placed it right after "backpack through Europe" (backpack is a noun, friend!)love ya

Christina said...

That would be twice yesterday you caught me red handed using a noun as a verb. I like to make all my words have action!...even when it's sometimes inappropriate!
You crack me up Cari. Love you too!