Wednesday, August 13, 2008

All Good Things Must End

I could probably spend another month blogging about our trip to Colorado but then my readers might start dropping like flies! I'll share these last few tid bits and then move on. I promise ;)

When we hit Ridgway, I had the rare opportunity of a bird's eye view of my youthful years. I watched Savannah make the homemade heath bar ice cream of my childhood with the same people I did. My grandparents. On the same porch. Same dreamy Colorado afternoon.




And yet another generation of a stringy blond haired little girl licking ice cream off the paddle.





And trips to the hot spring to feed the fish. Same pond. Same joy.





Aside from my memory lane, there were sweet moments for everyone else too.






And we can't forget Ella's enchanted birthday party at Granny Smiles and Papa Mel's.




Endless belly jiggling laughs...





And generations...




And then there there was the much anticipated yearly trip to play in the spray fountain in downtown Aspen, white water rafting without the kiddos (next year we are headed down the 6 foot waterfall!), and then kicking back in the cool evening air and taking in the serene scenery.

When we all know it's coming to a close the inevitable conversation arises..."So, where are we going next?????"

No comments: