Saturday, July 3, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things...

Mark and I were browsing one of my favorite stores the other day on our Date Day and I realized I had not shared this treasure trove with my blogger buddies. How selfish of me!

Eclectic Architecturals is just that, eclectic. Mark and I had the chance to chat with one of the owners and witness his visionary mind brainstorming. The couple travels to France and Italy multiple times per year to purchase unique "things" such as old doors, interesting aged windows, random pieces of architecture from ancient buildings, long forgotten antique tools, and even modern art. They have just returned from France and the creator's mind was reeling with ideas. He has the rare talent of making cool things even cooler. (Cindy, he reminded me of you in that aspect. I wanted to call you right then and invite you out to play in this warehouse of an adult playground!) He told us of his plans to turn some architectural features into mirrors, headboards, chandeliers, and lamps. We cocked our heads to the side at times in hopes of seeing what he saw in his head. But sometimes an artist's vision cannot be translated into words.

They just returned from a trip so their full gold mine is not shown yet on their website.

Check out Eclectic Architecturals' website for more information, their location, or if you can't make it there in person. They have locations in Shreveport, Longview, and Dallas. If the style looks familiar you might be thinking of Brad and Nicki's house. They bought several pieces from there while building their charming house.

No comments: