Monday, July 19, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook



For today, Monday, July 19. 2010

Outside my window...clouds hover threatening a summer thunderstorm and holding the temperature to a pleasant degree. I love a rainy summer day. It almost makes you relax more.

I am thankful for...the mild summer we are having! Archer begs to be outside multiple times per day in spite of the heat. I'm not kidding, he literally begs by fussing and leaning towards the door. The minute you step outside he smiles. What a little stinker!

I am going...to be firm yet patient when Savannah tests me this week. I will not explode. I will not explode. I will not explode.

From the garden...my pomegranate tree is blooming adding bright splashes of color in the garden. But no pomegranates yet.

From the kitchen...we will be mixing up a batch of cookies after Savannah's rest/room time for our babysitter, Lee Ann who had surgery this morning. Her mom text me earlier and everything went well praise the Lord! Last nigth from the kitchen - and garden - we had venison fajitas with bell peppers and jalapenos from the garden and onions from the farmers market on sprouted grain tortillas. For dessert we made blueberry buttermilk ice cream. You would be surprised how wonderful the flavors of blueberry and buttermilk go together. It's one of my favorites and I don't even like buttermilk.

Recipe:
Combine 2 cups of buttermilk (I used buttermilk I made with raw fresh goat milk. Talk about adding some awesome probiotics to the diet. You can't get this stuff in a pill!), 1 cup sugar (I didn't put a whole cup and it was plenty sweet. I also used rapadura made by Rapunzel instead of sugar. It's less processed.), and a little vanilla.
Puree 2 cups blueberries and press through a wire mesh colander. Discard soilids and then add to buttermilk mixture. Pour into ice cream freezer and follow manufactuers instructions.

One of my favorite things...my children. I enjoy Savannah's personality even though she exhausts me with her ideas. If we had all of the time in the world we could not create all the crafts, menus, and parties she has in her head. But she is loads of fun and loves to travel like me. I look forward to becoming very good friends when she is an adult. And what's not to love about Arch? I can almost always get a laugh and a smile out of him. And his chub rolls have chub rolls. There is much to love on him!

I am creating...a curriculum for a nutrition/cooking class I begin teaching at the end of the month. We have 17 ladies coming! I am so fired up about it. We are going to have a blast. I just finished creating my first weaving project and I am now addicted. I think I will try to weave a table runner for fall next.

A few plans for the rest of the week...art camp for Savannah, a couple of play dates, hopefully I will get to work some, a wedding shower, and lot's of visiting with friends.

No comments: