Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook



For today July 13, 2010.

Outside my window...lazy summer days are rolling in with the breeze. It's been unseasonably comfortable out.

I am thankful for...these last few weeks of summer before Savannah heads off to kindergarten and we begin a schedule. We have had 5 years of freedom to come and go as we please and I plan to soak up every last minute of it.


From the kitchen...pizza dough is fermenting on the counter in yogurt for dinner and in another bowl dough for cranberry orange bread is fermenting in homemade buttermilk. Yum!

Around the house...a sweet little boy is sleeping.

One of my favorite things...is pictured in the bottom of this post. When I shop, I rarely buy anything because I talk myself out of everything. Basically, I am cheap. But when I saw this wind chime I knew I would be parting with some of my birthday money. It is one of my favorite things and one of my favorite things to do is look at it and listen for it. It's a triple favorite.

I am creating...a lamp for Archer's room. I think it's about time I get a nursery together for the poor boy. It's good to be creating again. Somehow my pregnancy hormones interfere with the brainwaves needed for creativity. I am enjoying the new-found and much needed brainwaves.

I am thinking...about all the projects I want to do around the house and the yard now that brainwaves are flowing again.

I am going...nowhere for once. Praise the Lord! I plan to stay at home as much as possible this week.

From the garden... dangling red grapes are ripening. But before you get too jealous you must know that the skins are as tough as shoe leather and the flesh is as tart as a crab apple. Practice and patience needs to be my garden sign.

I am reading...nothing. Lately I have had information overload so I purchased a fiction novel at our local book store on the square. But for some reason I haven't picked it up yet. It awaits me on the ottoman.


Here is a picture I am sharing with you...



This new wind chime dangles above Archer's swing under our pergola on the back porch. I could not have chosen a better mobile for him to gaze with wonder at. He remains captivated for hours. And as an added bonus it attracts hummingbirds. The little flying piggies think it is yet another bird feeder for them.

No comments: