Sunday, July 25, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook



For today, Sunday July 25, 2010.

Outside my window...thick, still air surrounds the house like a blanket holding in the heat. And somehow it's oddly comforting. It feels like home. It is home.

I am hearing...the inevitable summer sound of locust humming outside my window and the sweet familiar music from WALL-E coming from the other room.

I am thankful for...my church family. I know I mention that often but I love them. The support, the fellowship, shared knowledge and wisdom flow freely. Yet another thing that feels like home.

From the kitchen...hamburgers from the grill and spinach salad have been cleaned up and it's almost time to brew my nightly cup of tea. From the spout tonight I will have Nursing Mother herbal tea. That's about as wild of tea you can have while nursing!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

r>

My sister with her two boys (her daughter Ella was still asleep), Burton and George along with my Savannah at my grandparent's house in Colorado last month. It's one of the most beautiful pictures I have taken. Aren't moments in the morning with kids the best? There is just something sweet about it.

One of my favorite things...a subscription to Mary Janes Farm that my sister gave me for my birthday. This has become my favorite magazine. Mark even calls me Sally Jane now. The Jane is from the magazine, Mary Jane's Farm and the Sally is from my favorite cookbook, Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon (another one of my favorite things). Boasting as an organic lifestyle magazine it features articles that span from "farm girls" on farms to a "farm girl" who farms on her roof top garden in New York City. I actually screamed "yea" out loud almost involuntarily when the latest edition arrived in the mail this past week. It's that good.

I am reading...the latest edition of Mary Janes Farm and Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, a fiction novel. It's too early to tell if the novel is good but I am enjoying reading something that's not educational for once. Sometimes you have to cap off the flow of knowledge and just absorb and implement what you have so far. Do you know what I mean?

I am creating...the discussion for the first session of the nutrition/cooking class I am teaching which starts this Wednesday. We are going to have a great time. Mandy, there is no need to be scared! Savannah and I will be creating a bouquet of flowers from cut up, painted, cardboard egg cartons and pipe cleaners tomorrow. And I am working on creating a candle lit chandelier from a dismanteled lamp shade. I'll let you know how it turns out.

From the garden...one watermelon is growing on the vine. We had two but the second was not to be.

I am going...to just soak in the last few weeks of summer, freedom, the kids, friends, heat, humidity, and all.

A few plans for the rest of the week...the class I mentioned, play dates, fun at home, maybe a little work but no house work! I'm ready to play.

For more daybooks check out simplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Mandy said...

:o) You know I am!!
However, I must say I am SO looking forward to seeing you & all the other fun ladies! See you there.