Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



For today, September 22, 2009.

Outside my window...people are seizing the brief opportunity to mow their yards. The rain has continued for a couple of weeks now but reduced to a sprinkle here and there about an hour ago.

I am thinking...that God is am amazing provider. Most of y'all know we do the whole Dave Ramsey thing (no dept and we don't use credit cards). Our upcoming vacation is paid for of course but I have been saving money to spend while we are on the trip. A couple of unexpected expenses last month (one of them being very large) threw me off. I thought we might have to dip into our emergency fund for the trip money. But over the last few days it all came together. Checks from odd places kept coming in the mail and last night we sold our old desk (which we have been trying to sell since June). Although the desk sold for a little less than we would have hoped for, when I added all the money that came in recently, it was the exact amount I had calculated that we would need for our trip. Can I get an AMEN!

I am reading...The Shunning by Beverly Lewis. Yes, more Amish Christian fiction. I am tackling lots of things right now and I need no more information for a little while longer. I am still processing several things I have already read. We are also reading a children's book about what it would be like to live in Colonial Williamsburg in preparation for an upcoming trip. Savannah and I both are learning all kinds of things.

From the kitchen...lots of yummy things and new recipes. This line needs a blog post of its own. Hopefully coming soon...

I am thankful for...Savannah. I know everyone is thankful for their children. But, I must say that I really enjoy her personality. I enjoy her company and I look forward to the adult friendship we will have someday. She's just a really cool person.

I am researching...vaccines. I just finished the book, Vaccine Safety Manual written by neurologist Neil Z. Miller. The book reviews over 1,000 studies. By far it is the most comprehensive review of studies out there on vaccines. I HIGHLY recommend it. Unrelated to the book, I read this morning that the CDC accidentally discovered a link between Vitamin D deficiency and deaths from the swine flu (email me if you want to know details). As I read it I realized that there is an outbreak at the elementary down the street. And did I mention that is has been raining almost non-stop for 2 weeks and no one has been playing outside (sunlight is a great source of vit D)??? Hmmm. Very interesting. Time to bone up on milk, butter, eggs, cod liver oil, salmon, and tuna! Ok kids, we will be playing naked in the backyard today!

I am creating...actually Mark and I created a new light fixture for our office remodel. We had an ornate old gold chandelier in the attic that we painted black and hung in the office. It turned out awesome. I'll explain the theme sometime and post pics when the remodel is complete.

I am wearing... a purplish maternity shirt and brownish green capri cargo style maternity pants.

I am hearing...the air conditioner and the Imagination Movers.

One of my favorite things...my fiends. What would I do without them? I feel blessed to have found so many wonderful friends here in Marshall.

A few plans for the rest of the week...a bunch of stuff. Do you really want a copy of my to do list? Probably not.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...



Savannah, 1 year old. A kiss to her Daddy through the glass.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I ate a tuna fish sandwich today thanks to you :)