Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



For today Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Outside my window...silence and stillness. Where have all the people disappeared to? It's kind of alarming now that I think about it. Really, where is everyone???

I am thinking...that MOPS is really good for me. Since becoming pregnant I have become a self absorbed introvert. My time is spent nesting, organizing, and focusing on my home, and family. I am glad to be coordinator of MOPS this year so that it's actually my job to reach out to others and check on them. We had our first meeting today and everything went off great!

I am thankful for...someone who is pregnant but I can't say who!

I am reading...Sally Fallon's Nourishing Traditions. It's a recipe book with so much more. There's lots of nutritional information as well. She is along the same line as Jordan Ruben who wrote the Maker's Diet. Basically, if God made it then it's good. If man has manipulated it (or made it from scratch with chemicals and preservatives and there is nothing that resembles a food substance in it. Can we say Kool Aid, among many other things!) then you should not consume it. Most people find the Makers Diet overwhelming. However, Sally Fallon's book is written in a form palatable for the lay man and with more information on what you actually should eat vs. just things to avoid. I have found her recipes easy to follow as well. I highly recommend this book.

I am praying for...a servant's heart. I want to try to focus outward instead of inward.

From the kitchen...scrambled eggs, sprouted grain toast, and fruit. It's an easy night. Woohoo!

I am wearing...a brown tank top, burnt orange peasant skirt, big gold hoops, and a wide bronze bracelet.

I am creating...a plan for the nursery and organizing the 1500 pics I ordered off snapfish. That number is not an exaggeration!

I am hearing...The air conditioner and Savannah telling me all the things she is making with play dough. So far she has made Scooby snacks, pasta, and pepperoni.

Around the house...fat cats are sleeping, play dough crumbs are dropping, and I am typing.

One of my favorite things...carrots and hummus. I cannot eat enough of it right now!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...



Me 18 weeks pregnant. This was about 4 weeks ago. I think I am a normal size now but the size I was in this picture is the size I was at 10 weeks as well. That's when the Doc thought I must be having twins. Thankfully my growth has slowed down. Apparently I just show quickly!

2 comments:

Katy said...

I love the picture! You are glowing :)

Rachel Maples said...

I showed quickly too I've been the same size pretty much since I found I was pregnant but I haven't changed any either...crazy how our bodies work during pregnancy.