Friday, October 9, 2009

Day 1...and so it begins

We have returned from our first official Peteet family vacation. What? You thought we traveled all the time? Well, we do. But this is the first time it has just been the three of us. Life's a party when you are a Peteet and we always end up traveling with extended family and/or inviting friends on our trips. This is the first time Mark, Savannah, and I struck out on our own. We thought about caving and inviting others (all three of us like a party after all) but with Mark's new job we had begun to crave time together with just our little clan.

I can sum up our trip to Williamsburg Virgina in one word...wonderful. But those of you who know me, know I won't stop at one word when summing up the trip! It was one of our best family vacations ever and I cannot recommend this destination enough for those of you with kids (and those without kids for that matter!).

Our first day we decided to relax. This is not a normal activity I plan for our vacations. Turns out Mark really likes traveling with me pregnant! Our whole trip was laid back.

We swam at the indoor pool, played games at the large, free, arcade at our resort, Savannah napped, and Mark watched a little college football. It was a cool rainy day so I made a pot of cozy warm soup in our condo and curled up on the couch with a good book. All in all a very good first day!

View from our condo. A flock of geese and ducks visited us daily.



Savannah in her tent on the balcony. She treated the balcony like her own room.


Savannah and Mark playing video games. Savannah also had a chance to take on Darth Vader in a video game. It was like a dream come true for her. She had the run of the arcade which made her feel like she was 13 years old.

1 comment:

CDJ said...

Fun, fun, fun!!!
(is my dirt still on your porch? I'm a goofball.)
Glad you had a great trip.