Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



For today September 15, 2009

Outside my window...it's raining for the 4th day in a row but the sun is shining!

I am thankful for...pregnancy sending my into hyper drive. I may get overwhelmed at times but I enjoy the increased productivity.

I am reading...Beverly Lewis' The Crossroads. I am taking a much needed break from informational research type books and soaking up fiction. And what is better than Amish fiction when you are trying to relax???

Around the house...I just cleaned the mini blinds and base boards. And I put a few more garage sale boxes in the attic. Things are neat and clean but many projects await.

I am creating...a nursery. I haven't gone shopping for fabric yet but a brainstorm is a brewing. I am also creating an itinerary for our upcoming family vacation. We are headed to Colonial Williamsburg and Virgina Beach. Everyone is looking forward to a little R & R.

I am researching...doula vs. midwife. After a few consultations we have decided on a doula. All healthcare providers I spoke with had great things to say about our OBGYN which is comforting. Several doctors (everyone in our area except our doctor) discourage VBACs because they don't want to deal with it. Our doc (who also delivered Savannah) is not afraid of the all natural things thank goodness! And he has worked with both midwives and doulas. Everyone has said I could not be in better hands for a VBAC. Yea! What fun! I am excited to say the least.

I am going to...do an hour of prenatal yoga when I finish this post.

I am thinking...fall is just around the corner and I cannot wait! A good book, cozy blanket, and cup of hot chai tea are just waiting for the season to roll in. Maybe we will see a little fall foliage in Virgina.

I am wearing... green workout shorts and a VBS shirt from a few years back. Savannah told me today, "Momma, your shirt is pretty. But you sure do wear it a lot." It's one of the few T-shirts (non maternity) I can still fit into! Savannah told me I could borrow hers if I needed to.

One of my favorite things...is watching Savannah's baby obsession. At a family reunion Sunday she followed my cousin and his wife around with their newborn. She asked a million questions and begged to hold him. At home she talks to my tummy and tickles it. We showered together last night and she carefully washed the baby. It's a beautiful thing watching the sibling relationship develop.

A few plans for the week...tour a few schools, tour a few farms, a baby shower (not mine), maybe shop for fabric, a playdate, work a little, and all the usual stuff like dance and AWANA.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...



The Peteet family at Gator and Friends Labor Day weekend.

2 comments:

jessy said...

Wow! Just reading this post makes me tired. Really driven people like you always fascinate me. Kudos! And thanks for having me at MOPS last week. That was fun!

Christina said...

Don't give me too much credit. It's just the pregnancy hormones! I'm pretty lazy when I'm not pregnant.
Good to hear from you.