Monday, August 3, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



For today, Monday, August 2, 2009...

Outside my window... cloudless blue skies and a refreshingly unseasonably decreased temperature.

I am thinking...that I stink at blogging lately. Apparently I am not a good communicator while pregnant. I have been focused inward on my family and organizing my home. That's nesting I guess. When I was pregnant with Savannah my version of nesting was shopping. One day I can home with a ton of batteries from Sam's in all sizes. Mark asked what they were all for. "We are going to be parents soon." I replied. "And tell me again what the batteries are for?" he asked. "I don't know. People just say that when you have kids you use a lot of batteries. I bought some in every size just in case. I guess we will need them for something!" Yup, that was my nesting last time.

I am thankful for...Dave Ramsey. Financial peace is a luxury these days and I am grateful we have it. We are dept free (no car payments or student loans!) except for our house and we are working on that now. During my quiet time with God this morning I actually thanked Him for Dave Ramsey. And this isn't the first time. We always thought we were wise with our money by not having credit card dept and contributing to our 401Ks. But we were thankful to learn how to use money beyond that and in a godly way. For those of you who just graduated college...pick up his book now!

Around the house...laundry is done, closets and shelves are being reorganized, extra things are being purged for a MOPS garage sale fundraiser (feel free to donate your extra stuff if you have some!), Savannah is napping or pretending to anyway, dough is rising, and I am sipping my daily naturally decaffeinated, afternoon hot green tea.

From the kitchen... dough is rising for Onion Mustard Monkey Bread that I have been craving. It is delicious even if you don't think it sounds good! The bread will accompany almond crusted chicken topped with an orange reduction sauce and lightly steamed broccoli.

I am wearing...bright green workout shorts and a hot pink maternity tank top.

I am creating...a nest! I cannot begin to tell you what all I am doing to nest! My mom just helped me recover an old step stool that belonged to Mark's grandmother whom we bought the house we live in now from. It was in bad shape but Mark couldn't stand the thought of getting rid of it because of all the memories he had as a child standing on it in the kitchen. Mom and I surprised him with a stool make over and he loved it.

I am reading...The Shelters of Stone by Jean M. Auel which is the 5th and final book in her Clan of the Cave Bear series that started in the 80's. I have to say that out of all of the books, this is my least favorite. You can tell she got really into researching the time period (25,000-35,000 years ago. Towards the end of the ice age I think). It's as if she just wanted to tell us how the people lived in great detail and she used the beloved characters of Ayla and Jondaler to display her knowledge or rather educate us.

I am going...read a little more of the book mentioned above when I am done with this.
Who cares if it is boring, it's about Ayla and Jondaler!

A few plans for the week...a much needed date night, lots of playdates since we were gone the whole month of July, a trip to Pump it Up, sonogram, blood work, and a MD appointment. All fun stuff!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...



The Dallas World Aquarium, July 2009. One of our many adventures over the past month.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Glad you're back!

From East Texas to the Far East said...

When is the MOPS garage sale? I might have some stuff I can drop off. I (who am not pregnant) am in the nesting mode, too...or maybe it is just that I love to clean and organize. Let me know and I will see if we have some things we can donate.

Katy said...

Hey Christina! Glad ya'll are back! I've missed Savannah in Sunday school, and I loved hearing her sweet little voice last Sunday. She is such a conversationalist! :)