Monday, August 17, 2009

The Assessment

I'll begin with an acupuncture update since there are so many interested in this mysterious form of medicine. After being gone most of July my poor accu-p had to get creative. He tried to come up with ways to treat my abused body with as few needles as possible but to tell you the truth, there were still a ton! By far the most ever.

Glad to report 2 weeks later (last week) my accu-p's assessment showed my energy levels were WAY up (I could already tell before I went in) and I only needed a few needles to get in "balance".

Next up, the chiropractor. But let me preface this with a story from 7th grade. Some of you fellow HRBCers may remember this. The Wednesday night before Christmas break 7th grade year, I was exactly where I was suppose to be. At church, in the youth building. I was sitting around a table with my friends and got up for some reason. When I went to sit back down, my dear friend Jenny Buttram pulled the chair out from under me. Thus, I fractured my tailbone and endured the nickname "butt sling" for the next year.

This injury is fairly forgettable until pregnancy and then it resurfaces it's ugly head. Ladies and gentlemen, my derriere is killing me! Only when I sit of course. It happened last pregnancy too but is far worse this time around. So, if you see me slouching (it hurts more to sit straight up) or rather sitting on one hip or the other, I'm not being lazy, it's just that my butt hurts. Sorry, that's about as delicate as I can be on this subject.

Chiro-Kyle has recommend I get a memory foam pillow just for my behind (no sitting on donuts for pregnant women). So, that's my next quest.

Last week I also went for my ultrasound, blood work, and an OB appointment. I was excited about this. Finally a real sonogram to be sure there is just one baby!

I went in and told the lady I didn't want to know the sex of the baby. This causes you to have to turn your head away from the screen quite a bit. Apparently catching my offspring on camera was like trying to sonogram a ping pong ball during a game. It took forever!

When I did get to look I saw the most adorable little creature snuggled up to my uterus (I guess it was tired by then!). It would wiggle and then snuggle up to the side of my body again. So sweet. In most of the ultrasounds I've seen, it appears the baby is just floating. I've never seen one where the baby was snuggling up and trying to cuddle and bury it's head in the side of it's momma.

And did I mention there was just one? I told her she might want to do an ultrasound on my rear end to check for that other twin. After all, there sure has been a lot of growth there too!

Everything else was great and I feel wonderful (when I'm standing anyway!).

4 comments:

Katy said...

aww that is the cutest ultra sound picture ever!!!!

Megan said...

Aww, look at your little picture! I saw you on sunday and you look absolutely precious! I love pregnancy - it's so beautiful to me! I say that ALL the time that people probably get tired of hearing it! But here I go again - you look BEAUTIFUL carrying your precious baby!

Are you going to bring a pillow to church like the old women use to do at my previous church? haha! You know I love you!

Kathy said...

Okay everybody beat me to the "aww". I did enjoy the butt sling story :)

Glenna Workman said...

cute! loved dinner sat night. thx!